Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Nice Tiki Mug Collection

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

A few years ago when I started collecting mugs I traded some mugs with a guy who called himself "Jeff the Moai King". I don't know what happened to him (maybe you do?) but here are the photos he sent me of his collection. In the past I have used it as a sort of reference guide to what's out there. Really nice stuff- Enjoy!

F

MOAIKING- that dude is more mug obssesed than anybody I've ever come across. He catalogs like each reference number of the entire line of mugs from a given manufacturer- before I ran into him I was trying to go for the "biggest mug collection" but then I realized that there are other people out there doing the same thing and beyond- so it relaxed me a bit- he's got a serious serious mug collection- the pics he sent me werent that good- these are much better, so i get to take a closer glimpse.. I guess Duke got to see it in person.

good thing i installed DroolGuard 4.1 on my keyboard.

TikiHula, do you happen to know what the mug in the first picture, 4th shelf, far right end is? I picked up a mug just like that last night at the Hanalei Hotel bar here in San Diego partially because I never seen one like it before & I wanted to add it to my collection. I think it's a very strange design...almost...one step beyond the outer limits of the twilight zone!

That's the orchids R-1 mug.

Its now in production by a company out of china or korea or something like that- the new ones are a little less spectacular detail-wise.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:55 ]

L

amazing to see this again. Got a version of these pics emailed or sent years ago to me from dis bruddah.
I remember the distinct carved tiki panels on the case.

Forgot the contact. buried deep in the archives.

now that's humbling.

WOW! that is really amazing. I got some serious work to do!! thanks for sharing!!

love these threads with photos of collctions!!!...besides the great books(tiki quest,b.o.t,etc...) there arent many ways to know what all is out there, so threads like these are very inspirational.......

T

On 2004-10-24 21:20, hala bullhiki wrote:
...besides the great books(tiki quest,b.o.t,etc...) there arent many ways to know what all is out there

What do you mean....in the Tiki Gallery there are over 1,300 images of stuff that's out there. Please add photos of whatever you have and help it grow. mahalo.

good lord, i forgot all about the gallery, aint looked at it in at least a year!!!!....thanks for the reminder

Pages: 1 11 replies