Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Vintage Hawaiian Scrapbook - input requested

Pages: 1 8 replies

Hi all ... I just got the first of what I hope will be several of my vintage Hawaiian Holiday scrapbooks online, and while it looks good on my browser, I'm wondering how it looks (and works) for everyone else. I'm open to suggestions since it's the first time I try anything this ambitious, and figuring out the best way to present the album is tough. Thanks!

http://www.cybertiki.com/sb1958a01.html
[email protected]

I believe the 7th page in, on the left, in sepia black and white, is a photo of what is now La Mariana.

E

That is so damn cool I'm at a loss for words. BTW you now have the only halfway decent pic of the Upside-down Falls on the Web.

aloha,
em.

Very cool, like the layout.

VERY cool! Almost looks my mom and dad's scrapbooks from Hawaii, which I have not yet been allowed to pilfer from, but maybe one day. I should at least scan some of it and post pics.

Cybertiki, that's a very cool scrapbook you have there. Nice to have out on a table in your Polynesian room for guest to peruse while listening to some Martin Denny and sipping a fine cocktail!

On 2003-12-14 11:02, Basement Kahuna wrote:
I believe the 7th page in, on the left, in sepia black and white, is a photo of what is now La Mariana.

Willows restaurant.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-15 15:34 ]

M
mbonga posted on Thu, Feb 2, 2006 3:32 PM

Works for me. Nice layout, nice click-to-enlarge option, great vintage ephemera. The only possible improvement I could think of might be a link on the first page to a descriptive textual index--maybe.

[ Edited by: mbonga 2006-02-02 15:35 ]

[ Edited by: mbonga 2006-02-02 15:36 ]

Wow, what a great time warp! I had missed this before, I am glad that it came up again. With that much great vintage graphics but none showing a Tiki, it really proves again that Tiki was a mainland thing.

Pages: 1 8 replies