Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Give Shecky a good home

Pages: 1 11 replies

D

Here he goes again...Not my auction :D http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3260956318&category=29460

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2003-12-14 21:43 ]

M

Munktiki sold Sheckys at Tiki Oasis in May? I thought they were gone by then.

T

I purchased my Shecky at Oasis.

M

This is a photo I took at the Munktiki studio in July 2003.

Go figure...

On 2003-12-16 20:30, MauiTiki wrote:
This is a photo I took at the Munktiki studio in July 2003.
Go figure...

The first Tiki Central Conspiracy.
This is the official TC alert for Tiki Holmes!

Is it just me, or does it look, well, a bit fake? The lines don't look too pronounced and some of the wording looks like it's been filled in. I could very easily be wrong, as my Stuckies were numbered quite low, but it would be interesting for a pro to take a closer look!

Trader Woody

TW,
I bought my Shecky in the first batch a couple of years ago. When I stopped at Munktiki's studio back in April this year, I noticed that the glaze had changed slighty (more glossy) and that the lines were not as crisp - which makes sense given the wear-and-tear of the mold they are made from. The one in this auction looked a lot like the ones that Stuckie had left on the shelf.

M

Stuckie couldn't possibly make all 150 of the mugs at one time. The process would take months if he only has one mold.

Is it possible he told TC he was sold out when in fact he hadn't compleded making all 150 of the edition, just to get us off his back?

Where's that list of the Shecky owners...

The Shecky Mug Registry can be found here...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=3777&forum=5&

T

As far as the mugs still at the shop, my guess is that not every one made would come out perfect, so perhaps those unglazed mugs were duds. But only Stuckie could tell us for certain.

I think i may be able to provide an answer as to why they are two unglazed Sheckys at Munktiki in july.
The last Sheckies were being bought up around the weekend of the Tiki Oasis in May, i ordered mine and waited for it to come from america. After a month i got worried especially after my wife ordered from Munktiki the week after i ordered and got a parcel back in four days. So I got in contact with Stuckie and this started our summer long search for my missing Shecky. In mid july we were of the opinion that the Parcel had gone into the either and Stuckie offered to replace my missing Shecky with one of his own. So perhaps the unglazed sheckies were to be the replacement (and one spare in case of firing accident) for my missing mug?
Luckily for me my as i was weeping tears of gratitude and praising Stuckie for his kindness, my missing parcel returned to Munktiki and thus in August i was able to registar my Shecky on the TC Shecky owners list.
But this is only a guess..

Trader Woody - The wording on my Shecky 147 is almost gone infact the words on the base are so totaly gone that only if you know what its supposed to say can you work it out, but the numbering of course is clear.

On 2003-12-18 12:55, atomictonytiki wrote:
I think i may be able to provide an answer as to why they are two unglazed Sheckys at Munktiki in july.
The last Sheckies were being bought up around the weekend of the Tiki Oasis in May, i ordered mine and waited for it to come from america. After a month i got worried especially after my wife ordered from Munktiki the week after i ordered and got a parcel back in four days. So I got in contact with Stuckie and this started our summer long search for my missing Shecky. In mid july we were of the opinion that the Parcel had gone into the either and Stuckie offered to replace my missing Shecky with one of his own. So perhaps the unglazed sheckies were to be the replacement (and one spare in case of firing accident) for my missing mug?
Luckily for me my as i was weeping tears of gratitude and praising Stuckie for his kindness, my missing parcel returned to Munktiki and thus in August i was able to registar my Shecky on the TC Shecky owners list.

I think I found the mystery to your Shecky's delivery delay:
He had a dam good travel agent.
I have already asked him the agency’s phone number, for my future travel plans.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6194&forum=1el agent:

Pages: 1 11 replies