Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Don't even get close...

Pages: 1 10 replies

To political on this forum again...I've been getting e-mail complaints (I don't like getting e-mail complaints)....Follow the damned rules or hit the road, Jack. Got it?

Damn, BK. I was just about to bust out another essay:

"Why I like Virginia" by TheMuggler.

I saw that thing getting ugly from the second it was posted, even though I know it was intended to be humorous. Politics were banned here long ago by Hanford, and for good reason. And a word of advice, wanted or not: Wanna clear out a room? Two good conversations to start? Try death or (you guessed it) politics. Amazing results.

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-12-15 22:01 ]

On 2003-12-15 21:18, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Wanna clear out a room? Two good conversations to start? Try death...

[ Edited by: Basement Kahuna on 2003-12-15 22:01 ]

Except perhaps at an insurance convention.

The lesson learned here: never tick off a moderator that makes his own weapons.

-Z

I find it interesting that it's those threads that really spin the view-counters and generate lotsa replies.

They seem to be "ratings gold."

Maybe it's like how the freeway gets congested as people rubberneck at a wreck.

Disclaimer: Not intended as an expressed or implied endorsement of death, political, or religious speech or an act thereof.

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2003-12-16 09:41 ]

GeekyT,

I've noticed that phenomenon also: P & R - the threads everybody loves to hate.

But, rules are rules. We all float along fine for a while, things get static, then the forbidden topics spring up, we climax, then go back to sleep...

someone says something funny here

Senor Bong:

The tragedy of yesterday's thread was that it ended before we had a chance to really start agreeing with each other on something!

I owe you one of these: :drink:

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2003-12-16 10:07 ]

Geeky Tiki!

I will have to say, I was at first unsure of your replies (like who isn't about mine), but I can tell you do have an ability to write and articulate your thoughts.

One day will toast (or just bitch at each other ha, ha)!

E

My bad. My very, very bad. Sorry Dane, that's twice I've jumped on you now, and I'll bet we have far more in common than either of us knows or would like to admit. Apologies to BK and all moderators too.

aloha,
em.

To tell everyone the truth, i'm glad both are banned. I got ropped into helping front a political board earlier this year. Honestly I hate talking politics, but the guy needed help with the board. We have now parted ways (due to his board) plus not everyone agreed to my beliefs (which will not be stated here). Honestly I wasn't expecting others to, but when I comes to name calling and threats... I draw the line.
I came to this board (from yahoo), I lurked around and found that this is a real laid back place. True there are rules, but they where rules that I agreed with an felt I could be myself with out being provoked into an argument. Rules that I felt make a great board. Heck, I have my own personal board I started at the same time as his (the political board)... and I implimented those two rules on my board.
I applaud Hanford for creating the rules. And I applaud BK for enforcing them.
I'm not pointing a finger at anyone and shaming them, I'm stating this in general.
Heck I feel like I have more friends now than I ever have had in my life online. You know what makes it all great? We all love tiki.

Honestly brothers and sisters, this is a place about tiki and tiki related artifacts/drinks/etc. If you rally want to get into a heated political or religious battle, I can give you a board to go to.
I won't promote them here, PM me if you want them.

Just wipe your feet and leave the chip at the door when you come back here. There will be a nice cold one waiting for you from your Unkle John.

damn i love this forum.

Mo-Holler.

[ Edited by: Unkle John on 2003-12-16 20:01 ]

Pages: 1 10 replies