Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

When your other half complains about your Tiki collection...

Pages: 1 22 replies

....just refer them to this:

Trader Woody

K

God damn that would bite. Thank god my wife is totally uninterested in interior design. I feel like a Carson Kressley. And it feels good.

[ Edited by: kahukini on 2003-12-19 02:22 ]

yessssssssss!

heh i told my wife about how much garden gnomes wig me out, so she bought me one. now he is a happy part of our garden family, although i have to give props to our concrete penguin.

j$

p.s. when my tight-laced friend and his wife were off on their honeymoon, i filled their front lawn with garden gnomes and pink flamingoes... :P

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-04-30 07:09 ]

Hey, if somebody is looking for some really cool "gartenzwerge" ( garden gnomes )

look here

Well, I see you collect garden gnomes too.

http://www.samgambino.com

J

Well I can see we don't like us little garden people, huh?

You can kiss our collective ceramic asses!

Signed,
Tom Bosley
"the voice of David the Gnome"

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2003-12-17 08:41 ]

Killer thread.

Those gnomes are just a tad on the pricey side, but would make a great stealth gift - slip into a freind's yard under cover of darkness and place, or, even better, replace gnomes in strategic areas.

I'm picturing replacing my sister-in-law's healthy gnome with the one stabbed in the back!

[ Edited by: Geeky Tiki on 2003-12-18 00:18 ]

E

The funniest scene in "Full Monty" for me was when Robert Carlyle and the other guy made their boss's garden gnomes "fight" outside his window, then smashed them together. I just about crapped!

em.

Lady V, loves the gnomes. Please, please, please don't give her any ideas. We don't need a Gnome Bar.

i envision... tiki gnomes!!!

carvers! le challenge :P

T

On 2003-12-17 12:12, Johnny Dollar wrote:

Menehune.

On 2003-12-17 14:06, tikibars wrote:

On 2003-12-17 12:12, Johnny Dollar wrote:

Menehune.

Gesundheit! :)

Well, I see you collect garden gnomes too.

No, I did't collect "Gartenzwerge" ( garden gnomes ) till now, but I think it would be a very nice hobby, because Germany is the birth place of "Gartenzwerge" :wink: :wink: :wink:

Lady V, loves the gnomes. Please, please, please don't give her any ideas. We don't need a Gnome Bar.

That is a nice idea for x-mas next year, a limited "tikifarm""Gartenzwerge" tikistyle mug series by artists like Shag, Pizz, Von Franco and maybee Sam Gambino. :) :) :) :)

[ Edited by: smokin devil on 2003-12-17 15:50 ]

On 2003-12-17 15:49, smokin devil wrote:
That is a nice idea for x-mas next year, a limited "tikifarm""Gartenzwerge" tikistyle mug series by artists like Shag, Pizz, Von Franco and maybee Sam Gambino. :) :) :) :)

Great idea, smokin' devil. I'd better get busy on it so I can beat those other guys to it. Maybe the following year, I can do a series of "Lawn Jockeys" :wink:

Oh good lord, what evil have I unleashed?!

Trader Woody

On 2003-12-17 23:21, Sam Gambino wrote:

On 2003-12-17 15:49, smokin devil wrote:

Great idea, smokin' devil. I'd better get busy on it so I can beat those other guys to it. Maybe the following year, I can do a series of "Lawn Jockeys" :wink:

IRONY

On 2003-12-18 01:27, Trader Woody wrote:
Oh good lord, what evil have I unleashed?!

Trader Woody

..it could lead to its own site, Trader Woody's "Gnome Central".....

[i]On 2003-12-18 07:24, Sam Gambino wrote:
..it could lead to its own site, Trader Woody's "Gnome Central".....

Ha ha...Nooooooo!Nooooooooo!!
I'm already looking into finding something that repels gnomes the way garlic repels vampires.

Trader Woody

Hey, Trader Woody...GREAT POST!

A recent houseseller reposrt said that displaying a single garden gnome will reduce the price of your home by £500.

On 2003-12-19 12:57, atomictonytiki wrote:
A recent houseseller reposrt said that displaying a single garden gnome will reduce the price of your home by £500.

hm... that suggests you should divide the price of the house you want to buy by £500, then put that many on their lawn and get it for free...

sorry... you can shoot me now :P

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2003-12-19 13:22 ]

It's either Tikis or Gargoyles honey...take yer pick! It's a good thing she likes tikis, 'cause gargoyles are pretty hard to come by around here. Her only condition: "as long as it doesn't involve any all night, torch-lit ceremonies where I have to drink strange concoctions & dance with wild abandon to savage drums" But, now she's pretty much gotten used to that too.

On 2003-12-19 17:01, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Her only condition: "as long as it doesn't involve any all night, torch-lit ceremonies where I have to drink strange concoctions & dance with wild abandon to savage drums."

And to think she says she loves you!

Pages: 1 22 replies