Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Pre-Holiday Get Together with The Lavas Dec. 22 in S.F.

Pages: 1 14 replies

M

New Thread for this event...

Come over to the Foggy Grotto on Monday Dec. 22 for a little pre-holiday cheer and meet the Lavas! Kick your shoes off after a hard day of holiday shopping and enjoy a delightful tropical libation or five. We'll begin at 7:00 PM and then caravan over to Trad'r Sams for a nightcap. See for yourself the bar that (maybe) pre-dates Trader Vic's!

We'll have snacks and musubi from Hukilau, just down the street!

http://www.dahukilau.com/

The Foggy Grotto is conveniently located at:

447 Seventh Ave #2 (between Geary and Anza)
San Francisco
P: 415-387-0145

Lavas(and everyone), you can take a cab or the 38 Geary bus headed west to the Richmond District- get off at the Sixth Ave bus stop in front of the KFC/Taco Bell and just head a block and a half over. Hit the second buzzer from the left.

Everyone is welcome, please post below if you'll be coming!

Mahalo!

On 2003-12-18 07:16, martiki wrote:
Everyone is welcome, please post below if you'll be coming!

me! me! me!

Do you want me to bring anything?

T

I'm in, and maybe the missus too.

T

I'll definitely be there! Wouldn't miss hangin' with all you cool cats again! :D

M

Right on! I know it's a Monday, but we'll keep it respectable, people.

Cindy...

...bring the Beer And Cheese Dip Of Death!

(that's reason enough to come right there! You'll try to resist, but once it has you in it's power- you're helpless)

On 2003-12-19 08:35, martiki wrote:
Cindy...

...bring the Beer And Cheese Dip Of Death!

It's not cheese -- it's CHEESE FOOD LOAF!

http://www.goatview.com/november10.htm

M

Mr Smiley hopes to make it!!

me too! me too! me too!
work schmerk, I'm ALWAYS up for libations at the foggy grotto!
xoxo
missus pineapple

We just found this thread and are excited to finally view the elusive foggy grotto! Thanks for welcoming us to tiki San Francisco!

A

Martin, we're still hoping to come, but I hafta see how much I can get done at work today and if I can get out (relatively) early to do some last minute Christmas stuff too.

Hopefully see the Lavas and the locals tomorrow nite at Petty Booka either way!

-Randy

Hi Martiki!!! Bill and I will be there around sevenish--we're not going to T. Sam's till a bit later, right? We might be a bit delayed because the water is off here due to bureaucratic screwups with our new landlord...sigh.

But the cookies are fine and will be accompanying us! not to mention some booze...

meowy Christmas!

Tikivixen

M

A final bump before the big night- Hope to see everyone tonight. For those asking, we'll probably head over to Sam's around 9 or 9:30

Tiki holiday cheer for all!

T

The Pineapples will be there - see you all tonight!

M

Let's get some pix posted to this thread!

We had a great time- thanks to everyone who came over. It was a delight meeting the Lava's and we look forward to having them out again. And I will certainly take them up on hanging out in Fresburg on my next visit.

Hey all,
I am finally getting around to posting some pics from our fab night at the glorious foggy grotto! I am sorry about the lateness of this reply and a sincere thanks to Martin and Rebecca for being such welcoming and incomparable hosts to us. It made our San Francisco visit much more personal. So nice to meet everyone at their pad and specifically Mr Smiley who we hung out with at Original Joe's the next night. I hope we get to see all of you very soon. The grotto is very cool and the selection of tiki mugs and exotic beverages was staggering. The drinks were perfect, Martin is quite the mixologist, I am still amazed. So here are some pics, sorry I didn't take more or post earlier. The event made our Christmas much brighter!

Martiki's amazing Witco coffee table laden with exotic cheese food dips and cookies and perfect scorpion bowls.

Finally as the night went on, Martin and Rebecca took Mary and I out to Trad'r Sam's! We had a great time and even though its not quite in its prime, the joint's true tiki coolness is everywhere. I really dug it! This is the only pic we took, why not more? I have no clue.

Thanks again to everyone for making our little jaunt to San Francisco so superb. Mostly thanks to Martin and Rebecca, the perfect tiki and SF hosts that I hope we see again!

Pages: 1 14 replies