Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Surprise SHAG Print Show in Palm Springs!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Hello Everyone,

Holiday SHAG Print Show

Opens Saturday December 20th, 2003, from 7:00 pm until 9:00 pm

We are pleased to announce a Holiday SHAG Print show that will open on Saturday December 20th at M Modern Gallery in Palm Springs. This show is our Christmas gift to the local Palm Springs crowd and those that have supported us since our grand opening in May of this year. This show has not been widely promoted as we wanted you to have a better chance at acquiring one of these amazing prints. Please note there will NOT be a new SHAG print released at this show.

There will be 20+ Artist Proofs from previously Sold Out print editions and over 30+ prints total for you to view and possibly purchase at the show. Some prints have already been sold to those on our waiting list, however, we will ensure that there are at least 10+ prints available by lottery that evening. Price lists will be available that evening and here are the prints that we know will definitely be available that evening:

Two Heavy Drinkers

The Three Musicians

Four Drummers of the Apocalypse

Bad Liver

Black Lung

Blue Seascape

Birdnik’s Table

Mr. Lucky

Mr. X’s Valet

The Envious Girlfriend

The Gift

The Unchecked Anger of Alf Charles

The Rain Lamp

Palm Springs Weekend

Palm Springs After Dark

The Green Wahine

Death's Unending Vacation
Game of Life
Idol Conversation
Inside the Volcano
Leeteg Tribute
Midnight Drive
Undertaker's Wrong Turn
Night Birds
The Pick Up
Triptich – Departure, Stopover, Arrival
The Sky Lounge
Vice Monkeys
Vinegar Girl

And more…

In addition, most all other SHAG merchandise in the store will be on sale for that evening only. Remaining merchandise from the “It’s All About the Tiki” show designed by The Pizz and Von Franco (this excludes prints and originals) will be available that evening at a whopping 20% off (again, for that evening only). This may be your opportunity to finish that last minute Holiday shopping.

There are also other great originals, prints and merchandise to be purchased by Tim Biskup, Dave Burke and others at our second gallery (down the street) that evening. Any order for a Tim Biskup print, or for purchases totaling over $ 200.00, will receive a “Desert Polynesia” poster by SHAG of which $ 10.00 will benefit the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation. This special offer applies to both galleries (448 & 400 N. Palm Canyon Drive). Copies of the “Desert Polynesia” Booklet will also be for sale that evening for $ 10.00 each (with $ 5.00 going to the Palm Springs Preservation Foundation). We will be offering complimentary snacks, soft drinks, water and hot chocolate that evening too! So please come join us for the fun!

This should be a fun event and we hope you can attend. In the event that you are unable to make it to the show that evening, please come by later as the show will be on display until January 18th, 2004. Otherwise, please have a happy and safe set of holidays and we’ll look forward to seeing you in the new year.

Regards, Jay, MiShell & Holland!

M Modern Gallery
http://www.mmoderngallery.com

C

AAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

I'm leaving for Denver tomorrow to spend the with the boyfriend's family. They are nice but...

...I feel that devastating highly infectious flu suddenly coming on. I really shouldn't be with others in a car for two days.

Jay, pretty pleeeaaasssee hide Sky Lounge in the back for me.

So pathetic when otherwise normal people stoop to begging. So therefore I'm not normal.

Dang.

AARRRGGGGHHHH!!!

You had a waiting list? Add me please.

Who is this artist Shag??

On 2003-12-23 18:28, tiki-riviera wrote:

Who is this artist Shag??

Man, Tiki-Riviera, where have you been? He's one of those kids who drive around in the an ugly green van solving mysteries with their talking dog.

I think he's a pothead too.

HH

no no you got it all wrong shag is a bad muthafu(SHUT YOUR MOUTH)...im just talking bout shag

I Can Dig It!!

L

SHAG is cool. i have a couple of his prints-- very cool.

V

Will Shag be at this event??

hello.... look at the orginal post date... 2003

Jeff(bigtikidude)
it's ok sometimes I see old posts and think they are for current events. One of the down sides of the Bump ups of old threads.

V

AAARRRRGGGGG !!!! Douuubbbbt!!

Pages: 1 9 replies