Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hey Biotron....

Pages: 1 1 replies

M

I was in your neck of the woods on Wednesday and found an old tiki mug at the Goodwill. It's the old double old fashioned wood barrel and says "Bill Lee's Bamboo Chopsticks Bakersfield, California" on the side. Pretty cool, since my father was born and raised in Bakersfield. I was wondering if the place was still around and when I walked out the door, there it was, staring me in the face. So I wnet in to check out the bar, and boy, I wish I hadn't. How depressing: The place has been totally "Miami Vice'd". Pink & blue neon everywhere. How very sad.

Any recollections about how this place was?

-martin

Patrick- next time I'm down there and have more time I'll give you a call for a drink.

I don't think they were ever Tiki, but I'm not sure. They've pretty much looked the same since I was a kid. Get this: their Mai Tai is red and blended. In fact, no place I've seen here yet has a real Mai Tai, though I haven't been looking long. As a long-time beer drinker, I have only recently begun my foray into REAL drinks..you know, the fruity ones with umbrellas :wink:

Shoot me an e-mail next time you're coming through town!

Pages: 1 1 replies