Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

To All Ye Artistic Painters

Pages: 1 5 replies

I've got this idea for a painting I would like. If you'd like to hear it and give it a try.....send me an e-mail or PM.

F

i'll bite whats the idea?

Alright I guess it doesn't has to be a big secret. Who cares if somebody steals it.
What I would like is to "frame" the picture with a silhouette of the foreground. It's a jungle scene (surprised?) So there would be lotsa foliage silhouetted around the frame including the back of the head of a panther with distinct ears. As the eye moves away from the silhouette frame the foliage and jungle area becomes dark green, then lighter green. Off center highlighted will be a white rabbit. The picture will be about the anticipation of the pounce. Maybe some very discreet tikis watching.....among the foliage of the jungle. Dig?

K
Kono posted on Tue, Dec 23, 2003 6:26 PM

I'd like to see Mark Ryden do this with one of those cute/creepy bunnies with the big girly baby eyes. I can see it my head like it's already painted! In my vision I see one large old menacing weather beaten tiki barely showing through the dense jungle foliage and wild thick vines that have grown around it. Flounder are you listening?

Makes me think of the Big Cat of Maui: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=big+cat+maui

I'm very drunk. Thoughts are like boomerangs.

If you were so drunk last night that your thoughts were like boomerangs, no doubt today you'll be feeling like a boomerang has hit you full on the head!

Hope the hangover soon fades and you can enjoy your Christmas (And start the festive drinking all over again).

Trader Woody

Pages: 1 5 replies