Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Cool Vintage Tiki Torch Fuel Can......Neat Litho Art

Pages: 1 2 replies

8T

Merry Christmas to all. Since it is now officially winter according to the calendar and the temps outside have confirmed it, my mind has been drifting to the fine warmer months when tiki torches aplenty light up the backyards of the faithful.

I've been wondering if anyone else has run across one of these old fuel cans. Got this at a garage sale along with a set of 2 old torches still in the box for just a dollar.

The can has great art and lettering but I really dig the side panel which shows a tiki barbecue grill!!!!!!! Did they really make those??? If so I bet someone out there has one. The can has the company name of Tiki Torch Co. Torrance,CA (A division of John Charles Co.) I believe it to be from the 1960's. Here's photos of the front, back and side.

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2003-12-25 21:55 ]

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2003-12-25 21:56 ]

S
SES posted on Thu, Dec 25, 2003 10:32 PM

I saw one of those grills before but cannot remember if it was posted here or on ebay or both!
My brain is fried from overwork.

That's a Tiki-Bachi I think and it's shown in the Book of Tiki pg.232. There is additional John Charles Copperware art for tiki toches on the same pg. that is similar to your fuel can. Similar Tiki Hibachis can be found on pg. 184 of Tiki Quest and in thrift stores. Nice find!
Yahey and Aloha!

[ Edited by: Sneakytiki on 2003-12-29 12:24 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies