Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Chongolio's Art Shack 4/16/04

Pages: 1 25 replies

Chongolio's artshack continues here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8617&forum=7&0

The old thread follows, some pics have been moved to page 2. :

Moon of Manakoora
Acrylic on a Ukulele. Tikicleen and the Drunken Hat are now the owners of this uke.

"Summer at Dreampoint"
Acryllic on canvas.

"Island Girl"
Acryllic on Canvas

"Sausage Speared By The Cocktail Satellite"
Acryllic on canvas

"Hula Sands"
Illustrator and photoshop
Prints available

Decals that I usually have for sell or trade
(email me if interested in working something out.)

Bar sign
Cut Vinyl on plastic.
I only made a couple of these and one of them belongs to our own Dr Z and Z girl.

"Wonderful Land"
Acryllic on a retired surfboard
My apologize for the crappy photos

Surfin' Bird
Acryllic on an retired surfboard
Here is a link to see the board as it progressed:
http://www.lost-isle.com/surfinbird
This one now belongs to our good braddah Jungletrader.

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: chongolio 2007-01-18 09:00 ]

Nice stuff Chong! I still like the board but that one particular Bosko pole is gone. I will be picking up more the middle of February. Must bring all your work out here. The palm frond, Hula Sands and the board kickass. If you meet up with Frank out here then we gotta hook up too braddah.

Good lookin' stuff, Chongolio, especially "Which Way" and the new board. Almost makes me wish that I surfed...

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Dec 27, 2003 2:21 PM

i love your boards. I gotta get wun fo da house one of these days. Maybe work out a trade. I't might be hard to mail wun'a dem to da islands though.

Thanks folks,
JT, I will get back to you after the holiday madness subsides.

T.Head There is surf on the
east coast. Go for it!

Gecko, Ya flatter me! I would paddle one of them board out to you for one of your tikis :) I am going to Kauai this summer for a few weeks. So maybe I wont have to paddle one out to you. It would be killer to do some tradin' and knock back a couple cocktails at La Mariana. Dont have any dates set now but I will keep you posted.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-12-30 12:00 ]

Hey Chong, we are goin' to Oh-why-he also next summer. As soon as I can nail down a date and get the tickets I will let you know. It would be great to hook up wit da' Lizard man at La Mariana wit' da braddahs.

I just posted pics of the newest board I finished painting and a few other things I had lurkin' in the archives. Fun Stuff!

Jungle T- Sounds good to me. Lets just hope Gecko is hanging around and not on the beach huntin' Wahine.

Which Islands are you going to visit?

Chong, Oh-why-he, Maui, Oahu, Kauai, and I can't keep e'm all straight but whateva one da' lizard man is on. I tink Oahu.
Can I have that board? I covet it.

"If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much space." Lou Whitaker

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2003-12-31 15:56 ]

B

Proud to say, I've been to the multi-talented Chongolio's Art Shack, and it is quite a feast for the eyes! Hey Chongolio, are you holding out on us? Where's a shot of that little painting that hangs in your garage that I love so much?

Hey all,
I posted some shots of my first painted Ukulele. (Thanks for the inspiration Tiki King.)

Bamzeno- Howzit going matey? Things have been a crazy over here but its starting to smooth out. Give me a jangle and lets hang out at the Conga Lounge or Hulas sometime soon.

Jungle Trader- That board has your name on it. Maybe this week or next I can get it out to you. I ll give you a call.

... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-01-31 15:17 ]

Hey Chong, see you on Oahu in July?
Auwee!

S

Do you have the LP by Chono and the Polynesians? I have the MP3's if not.

On 2004-01-14 11:52, Swanky wrote:
Do you have the LP by Chono and the Polynesians? I have the MP3's if not.

Swanky, I have never heard of them. I would love to check them out. Pm and let me know how I can give them a listen.

I Just added a new painting. I am callin' this one "Lava Bowl." I am sure y'all can dig it. Feel free to comment.

Chongolio

cool stuff, took my slow ass computer awhile to load, but well worth it

B

Chongolio,,Nice stuff,,Cool. I really like the PlamFrond mask, neat Idea. Also the Raratonga on Cypress is really good.More Pix please..
Benzart

Check out Chongolio's work. He'll be showin' his stuff at Trader Vic's night of April 2. Can't wait to see some of it for reals.

My stuff continued:

"Which Way"
Illustrator.

Tiki Treasure
Mixed Media

Tribal Mask and tiki torches
mask: acryllic on a palm frond
torches: paper mache and acryllic

Here are some tikis:

Po'o Pa'a Kiki
Lesson learned: Dont carve construction grade kiln dried lumber.

Makani
Eucalyptus

Kupukupu hulu (Fern hair)
Cypress from a tree that smashed my buddies truck.

Raratonga
Cypress

Ukulele Holder
Carved pine

Chongolio

... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio 2007-01-18 09:04 ]

nice stuff, Chongolio.

I like that leaning Raratonga. Wish I could make it up to SF for the bar crawl, I'd love to see your work in person.

I have added more stuff here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8617&forum=7&0
Thanks for eyeballin'
Chongolio

... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-16 19:50 ]

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Apr 16, 2004 7:57 PM

Chongolio, great job on da shirt as well as your new peice! keep it up! wen do I get my first Chongo!

Gecko, when you see some of my art that you would like to have, you let me know. I'll bring it to you in person this summer.
Deal?

Chongolio

New product coming out soon from our beloved brethren Chongolio. It will be called "Chongolio's Cornholdio's".
Yeah, tiki corn holders, look for them soon.

Wao Nahele Kalepa Kumula'au Hale

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-05-23 10:23 ]

I must of been drunk if I was telling you about my secret brainchild. I hope I didn't spill the beans about my hot butter volcano also.

Chongolio

B

Chongolio, the LavaBowl is pretty cool..err Hot. Thats it yes it's HOT..Nice work. More more more

Great stuff Chongo! I really "dig" the hula sands. Any more carvings?

Pages: 1 25 replies