Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Anyone know why this is $1,000.00

Pages: 1 16 replies

LOL it says you can email them if you have any questions...

S

Uh, crude joke averted... But 24 inches huge? "Master carver"?

"master sculpter?"

Solid gold painted to look like wood?

S
SES posted on Sat, Dec 27, 2003 1:43 PM

says 24" x 48" in the other section which makes more sense with the $50 ship fee

S

That's 24 to 48 inch largest dimension. It's a 2 foot carving. Well, this is the bad end of the spectrum. People who have a very huge idea of what they have is worth. I prefer the other end where this comes up for $5.

T

Maybe it's 1,000 Canadian dollars which would be like 25 bucks?

On 2003-12-27 15:47, tikifish wrote:
Maybe it's 1,000 Canadian dollars which would be like 25 bucks?

actually, the Canadian peso is riding pretty high right now (relatively). i heard someone on the radio or tv or maybe in a fortune cookie predicting that our dollar would be on par with the US dollar by 2008. if that happens, look out United Statesians, we'll be pouring over the border by the RVload to buy up your vintage tiki mugs for our Cuban rum mai tais. ahahahahahaha! :lol:

T

I know, it is climbing... which is actually bad, now that I am doing pretty good on Ebay with my books! I liked making US dollars when I could exchange them into plenty canuck bucks. However it is much handier on my trips to Detroit, a burrito no longer costs me 15 dollars.

T

On 2003-12-27 13:43, SES wrote:
says 24" x 48" in the other section which makes more sense with the $50 ship fee

OK, What's the other $950 for?

Wow...I feel like a chump after seeing that... (not). :) A thou will go pretty far here at the Kon Tiki Paradise Room. And I'll get you drunk, too!

They appear to be trying again with the more realistic (ha!) price of $800.

Trader Woody

S
SES posted on Fri, Jan 9, 2004 2:46 AM

On 2004-01-09 02:20, Trader Woody wrote:
They appear to be trying again with the more realistic (ha!) price of $800.
Trader Woody

Hmmmm... must have dropped since you posted cause I'm seeing $500! I'd rather have the multiple sets of glow in the dark handcuffs.
:D

Aha, it's been re-listed twice already, and is indeed down to $500. Wait a couple of weeks and it might be free!
(though somehow I doubt that...)

Trader Woody

B

I,m gonna become a "Master Carver" and sell some Tiki's..WOW
Benzart

F

I believe it was listed at $1000 because it is carved in a unique style that has never, ever been done before :)

Pages: 1 16 replies