Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Bar Builders: Vintage Book for Sale

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=28666&item=3576320203

Another kooky mid century modern type book for sale, this one has ideas for home bars. Thought some of you cats might dig it!

I found another bar building book today in my travels as well, hopefully I'll have it on Ebay by tomorrow...

What the hell....I'll bite.

i love the divider with the 45s in the teen rec room & the big record on the floor (what is that - lino? area rug?)

S
SES posted on Sat, Dec 27, 2003 10:38 PM

De ja vu? I swear I read this same text with these images before. Have you posted this same book previous with the same info?

T

Indeed. I have had this book before! The rec-room with the records on the floor photo shows up in a few books from this period however.

S
SES posted on Sun, Dec 28, 2003 1:26 PM

Thought I was having future auction visions for a moment there!
:wink:

Well, there are hundreds and hundreds of mid century modern books out there, and I catalog and save every description I do of each one. So when I get a repeat, I repeat the same auction description, for the most part. I do a lot of research and a lot of work on the stuff, it takes me about an hour for each book. I eben buy books on mid century modern furniture just so I can identify the furniture in the books I sell.

But more and more often I am finding other sellers ripping off my copy word for word, and sometimes even my pictures, and my titles ALL THE TIME. It really pisses me off... When I call them on it, I get the craziest excuses:

"Imistation is the sincerest form of flattery" was a recent one...

ot "It took me half an hour to copy your auction, so it's not like it's easy for me" was a classic...

And

"Well, you make more money than me, so I don't know why you're mad" was the best.

This really has nothing to do with anyone's comment. Sorry, just had to vent!

TikiFish-

I get that all the time too!

Tikifish~

Watermark or emboss your auction pictures if you can with your ebay ID name. You can even put your email address across the picture too. You may even notice my email address on some of the pictures here on TC. Those are pictures I have personally taken that I don't want to have placed anywhere else on the web or possibly used in anyone's book or pamphlet or whatever. (Oh, and some of my pictures have been used for that purpose too without any credits).

Your auctions do look like it's taken some work, so you may even want to photoshop your wording as a picture and watermark that too so it says your ebay ID name and email address. Lastly, you can add HTML to have your ebay page "right-click disabled", so that it's not easily copied and pasted to the "other seller's" auction page. The only thing another seller can do after that is to just literally type every word you have on your original ebay page.

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3262333004&category=2002
Here is a photo of my bar. The seller in this auction "borrowed" this pic (without permission) from the TC archive. I don't want folks to assume I'm the seller and get ripped off. My intelectual property has ben stolen!!!!
Mahalo,
Al

I also just found out you can report image or text theft to Ebay -

http://cgi3.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll

if this link doesn't work then just go to the search function i nthe help and look up image and text theft, hopefully that will eork.

I love the idea of disabling right click on the auction page... very cool. I will look into that!

Pages: 1 10 replies