Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Rum smuggling help

Pages: 1 4 replies

On Dec. 26th I visited Canada in an attempt to smuggle back some Havana Club Rum. Much to my dismay it was boxing day and the liquor stores were closed. DOH!! Has anyone attempted this and do you have any suggestions? I'm trying to avoid any type of body cavity search when I return to the USA. Can't wait for a real mojito!

P

I used to run rum and guns from Canada to Mexico.

No, wait... that was a dream I had.

If you don't get greedy and try to get 8 cases back into the states you shouldn't have any problem... I've only ever been hassled trying to take stuff INTO Canada.

Don't admit to anything and don't declare anything and smile and say yes sir or ma'am a lot and DON'T mention anything about Tiki Central. Or we'll have to take your tikis, your mugs and your rum.

Oh yeah - get a couple bottles of "legal" rum, as well. That way you can say with an incredulous air, "What?!? This Rum is against the law?"

[ Edited by: pablus on 2003-12-29 11:23 ]

Are you crossing by plane or by car?
The car smuggling is easy. Just look casual and don't declare anything. The plane, not so easy.

J

In the late seventies (I was 19)I knew a guy in Tiajuana who promised me a pound of pot for every handgun I delivered to him in Mexico. Wisely I passed. He eventually got caught by Federales carrying heroin. Lucky for him his dad was a judge in TJ so all they could do was beat the crap out of him.

My trick for smuggling liquor is the trusty two liter soda bottle (in the car, not a plane), they never check them.

[ Edited by: jonboy on 2003-12-29 22:33 ]

K
Klas posted on Tue, Dec 30, 2003 5:02 AM

On 2003-12-29 22:32, jonboy wrote:

My trick for smuggling liquor is the trusty two liter soda bottle...

Yes, but who wants to serve Havana Club 7 aƱos from a big plastic soda bottle :wink:

Pages: 1 4 replies