Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

What's Your Most Obscure Tiki Mug?

Pages: 1 2 57 replies

J

This is an obscure one. I know it's more African than tiki, but it may have shown up on a menu or something....
Anybody know anything about this one?

Its says " © 1968 Parksmith Corp, N. Y. C.. Japan" on the bottom, so it is one of the few mugs I have that actually can be dated...
Thanks!

I have that olmeca tequila mug as well. Looks to be a reproduction of the giant stone head in Mexico. Must have been a premium from that Tequila brand which is a brand I've never seen. I got mine in a thrift store score of epic proportions. In a textbook example of beginners luck I found a group of 14 Tiki mugs and S and P's with all being vintage and from varied locales. I knew nothing about tiki mugs at the time but buying these and researching them led me to find this great sight of Hanford's and spend alot of money as well, hah!

UJ

As posted in an older thread, http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic-new.php?topic=6175&forum=5
I recieved this on from a lady who was owner of a local restraunt who used o have a bar on permises. I found out she is an OH mug, R-126

On 2004-02-21 23:17, JonPez wrote:
This is an obscure one...Anybody know anything about this one? ..." © 1968 Parksmith Corp, N. Y. C.. Japan" on the bottom

I've got it too! My girlfriends father gave it to me about ten years ago after finding it in his garage. He said he had another slightly different possibly male, but it never turned up.

My Parksmith Google search moments ago turned up very little but suprisingly included your 2004 Tiki Central post! Right next to the "Parksmith Mystery Mug" in my modest mug collection is a Dago Hawaii form the Kuai Resort in Wailua and happens to contain, of all things, an old fortune from Disnyland's, Shrunken Ned Jungle Witch Doctor machine and.... an unopenned package of PEZ Assorted Fruit Candy. Coincidence, JonPez? I think not!!!

I have one of those lovely ladies but she is a squatty coffee mug. I would love to know if a drink was served out of either, or if they were just a weird novelty item.

T
teaKEY posted on Sat, Jan 7, 2006 4:54 PM

I saw that light green one this year for about five dollars and passed over it. I wish that I didn't , I really like it. Here is my entry.

B

[ Edited by: badmojo 2006-04-30 11:38 ]

I don't know if it's "obscure" but it for sure is weird/funny. Here is a home made Moai with the popular dripping paint. Just a normal home made piece, or is it...

If you look at the lips closely, there is a hole (for yer weed) and a bunch of gunk build up (resin) around the hole. I had this mug for a year before I realized it.

H

On 2006-01-08 13:37, TikiTrevor wrote:
If you look at the lips closely, there is a hole (for yer weed) and a bunch of gunk build up (resin) around the hole. I had this mug for a year before I realized it.

LOL! That mug is Da Bong...er, I mean Da Bomb!
I love your earthquake harness too! Easties don't know what it's like to hear their collections rattle in the middle of the night!

On 2006-01-09 09:26, hodadhank wrote:

On 2006-01-08 13:37, TikiTrevor wrote:

LOL! That mug is Da Bong...er, I mean Da Bomb!
I love your earthquake harness too! Easties don't know what it's like to hear their collections rattle in the middle of the night!

Too weird! I think I made that bong in the 80's while at military school.Does it have a shape that resembles a circle,rectangle,square shape that's figurative of a person?

Pages: 1 2 57 replies