Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

August Holland Pearl of Wisdom

Pages: 1 3 replies

B

How handy are you with a paint brush or art marker?

I have a copy that I picked up about six months ago at a local resale shop. It was in mint condition and I planned to replace our copy that had a few scratches when I found that one years ago. (I touched those up with a little acrylic, sprayed a clear coat over it, and now you can't tell.)

Well, like I said, the second copy WAS mint. Unfortunately, before I could switch them out, I left it just a little close to the front door which our multiple–personality dog loves to guard. Someone walked by, she went into her attack dog routine, and managed to knock over the Pearl of Wisdom and impart a couple of scratches to it. Seems like she thought it was in too perfect condition...

So, if you want to try and touch up the scratches on this one like I did on our first copy, are willing to pay the shipping, and promise to love it and display it in your home bar, you are welcome to have it. Just let me know.

-Duke

Wow! I've been looking for one for years! What a generous offer! I'll send ya a PM...

T

Wow, what a very nice New Years present to one of our newest members! Salud! I'll be happy to take one off the hands of anyone else looking for a good home for one of these. :)

K
Kono posted on Sun, Jan 4, 2004 5:19 PM

I posted this one in the Finds thread yesterday. It was cheap but came complete with several scratches and some small tears.

It actually looks better in the pic than it did in real life. Anyway, today I'm digging around and find a box of Pentel oil pastel crayon type things that I had boxed away (from a previous illbegotten attempt at making "art"). I just crayola'd the scratches and tears and used my fingers to blend it in. I'm no artist but after 20 minutes it looks pretty damn good! Just an idea. I was fortunate that all my scratches were on the blue parts. Good luck.

Pages: 1 3 replies