Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

A ? about a mug in Tiki Quest...

Pages: 1 5 replies

I am asking about the small yellow mug on page 32 of the Tiki Quest book... How many mugs were with this one, if it is stacker that means it came as a set I would assume? also, was it just the cups do you know or was there anything else that would have been part of that set? Thanks I appreciate your time!

Jenn

B

Hey Jenn,
The mug you are asking about was often sold as part of a set of six. If you look at page 178 of Sven's Book of Tiki there is an image of the "Hawaiian Six Pack Tiki Mugs".

Those mugs can be found commercially made, in addition to hand made and glazed by folks who used the mold sold through Duncan Ceramics (a supply house that sells molds and glazes to the hobby and craft ceramic shops). The Duncan mugs feature at least five different faces (two different on each side of the mugs).

I think it's fairly uncommon to find one with the Paul Marshall label, that's why that mug is included with the other PMP mugs on that page in Tiki Quest. I don't have a set of the commercially produced mugs in thier original box, but I think Fatuhiva does, maybe he can shed some light on who may have produced or marketed the "six pack" set.

-Duke

thanks so much! I found one of the yellow ones at the Goodwill and was just wondering if I should keep checking for the rest of a set or if it was maybe sold individually... you answered my questions though thanks! :)

DZ

On 2004-01-01 12:09, boutiki wrote:
Those mugs can be found commercially made, in addition to hand made and glazed by folks who used the mold sold through Duncan Ceramics (a supply house that sells molds and glazes to the hobby and craft ceramic shops). The Duncan mugs feature at least five different faces (two different on each side of the mugs).

Mine have "Handcrafted by Margie" engraved in cursive on the underside...

mine has no markings on it at all, all it had was a .35 sticker on the bottom from the Goodwill. I think it's cute and I like the color, well worth the .35 to me.

I got these last month in a flea market for a dollar a piece. They are unmarked, save for a "69" inscribed under a couple of them.

[ Edited by: tikijackalope on 2004-02-24 03:28 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies