Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Baby Lu-Lu

Pages: 1 24 replies

S

Yesterday in my antique romp I got a crazy looking record called Baby Lu-Lu. I got it home and it was as crazy as I hoped. I had planned to scan it, record it and make a web site about it. But first I searched and found it already exists.

Friends, I present to you, Baby Lu-Lu

Once again, before you listen to Baby Lu-Lu, please swallow any milk or other liquids lest they come out your nose.

T

Swank,
That voice has totally creeped me out!

What a golden voice! Who would have guessed Baby LuLu was from Kentucky?

It ranks up there with "The Great Richard Nixon","The Rocking Disco Santa Claus" and "Gyrate For Physicet Beam Dreams, Kay"...

P

What a religious experience. I couldn't even count the number of times I called the name of Jesus in that one short recording.

T

Well, after that, I won't even bother offering up "Go-Go, the Blue Gorilla" I have.....!

DZ
  • "Baby LuLu has been a great arm to our ministry with children along with a gospel magic program in Schools, Vacation Bible Schools and Revivals." *

Huh?? 'Gospel magic program'? As if Baby LuLu wasn't creepy enough...

S
Swanky posted on Sat, Jan 3, 2004 3:26 PM

Maybe I should post the whole thing where her dogs get into the act and tell us how to get to heaven...

This freakin' puppet is giving us the "look"

I'm not trying to be mean, but is it me or did they make Evelyn's wheelchair out of one of those old lady two-wheeled shopping baskets?

And this? This boy ain't right! Benny Hinn's hairstylist?

[ Edited by: thechikitiki on 2004-01-03 15:36 ]

On 2004-01-03 15:27, thechikitiki wrote:
I'm not trying to be mean, but is it me or did they make Evelyn's wheelchair out of one of those old lady two-wheeled shopping baskets?

Were Little Evelyn and Dianne Feinstein separated at birth? You decide:
http://feinstein.senate.gov/03Releases/senatorphotos.htm

Baby Lu-Lu is probably the only thing on vinyl more frightening than Little Marcy:

That Baby Lu-Lu really gives me the shivers too. It's like something out of a David Lynch film.

http://www.samgambino.com

J
jonboy posted on Sun, Jan 4, 2004 1:11 AM

That was absolutely sickening!!!! I gotta have that in my collection. Makes Tammy Faye (Baker) seem talented!!!

S

One of the really great things is that the rise of the Gospel quartet hit in the 70's, so there are a LOT of really funny/scary LP covers out there. Bad outfits on really scary/funky people.

It must have been a seventies thing of having adults pretending to be kids, in the UK we had "the Krankies" unfortunatly not a speed crazed baby impersonator but a husband and wife duo who preteded the wife was a cheeky little boy

http://www.thekrankies.cwc.net/

Baby Lu-Lu and Daddy...awesome...wipes away tears

On 2004-01-04 12:15, atomictonytiki wrote:
It must have been a seventies thing of having adults pretending to be kids, in the UK we had "the Krankies" unfortunatly not a speed crazed baby impersonator but a husband and wife duo who preteded the wife was a cheeky little boy

I don't know - I'm afraid it could be coming back. Have you ever seen The Wiggles? I believe it's on the Disney Channel. They're out of New Zealand or Australia, and those guys are scary. They're like some kind of mutant men-children dancing around in pseudo-Star Trek outfits. I'm thankful that my daughter is not really interested in them much anymore.

http://www.samgambino.com

S

Okay. I have only made it through the first side so far, but the most disturbing section I had to record for you guys.
HERE
You may need to right click that and "Save Target As..." to listen.

Er...Enjoy!

In light of all this, I feel I must re-post this cover capturing a moment of stolid emotion on the brink... "But Unca John, D-Facs said yew wernt spose ta be talkin bout love makin around me no more..."

KK

I'd love to see the liner notes and gatefold on that one.

T

Nasty puppies!
So did Baby Lu Lu just basically ramble on with no script for both sides of the record like that?

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Jan 5, 2004 1:20 PM

No, Baby Lu-Lu raps a bit between songs. When I get to the other side, there may be more treasures... "it's okay that Daddy loves the nasty puppies more than me, because Jesus loves me...that's what this is all about..."

You will recall that the record states she only uses the voice for the work of the Lord, so Daddy never gets to hear it in any raunchy love making sessions...

P

On 2004-01-05 13:20, Swanky wrote:
You will recall that the record states she only uses the voice for the work of the Lord, so Daddy never gets to hear it in any raunchy love making sessions...

For which I'm sure Daddy thanks the Lord as well.

T

When I saw the picture of 'daddy', her using that voice in bed was the first thing that popped into my mind!

"...her using that voice in bed was the first thing that popped into my mind!"

I used to think about that with regard to the girl that does the voice of Bubbles on THE POWERPUFF GIRLS.

My new holy grail of vinyl.

My official review: "Baby Lu-Lu is aural assault that is at once horrifyingly brutal and yet mesmerizing.... This record is a soul destroyer...do not listen at length lest in short order you shall surely find yourself at the mercy of the dark master himself".

Pages: 1 24 replies