Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Yo Lucky Designs!!!

Pages: 1 9 replies

Saturday January 10th you gotta come down to the Doll Hut. The Dusty 45s are in from Seattle and Devil Doll will be in the hizzouse.

Fred, I'm gonna try and make it. As far as I know, there shouldn't be anything in my way of going. I've been wanting to see the Dusty 45's for a while now too. Thanks for the tip.

H

Hey, I might like to come out for that, too. I've heard the Dusty 45s before, but I can't remember where or when (other than that it must have been in Seattle).

Yeah I sent the message to Lucky Designs cause word on the street is he plays american music for american people. I figured he would like these bands, but pretty much any So-Cal TCers who are into retro cutlure would like these bands. I just emailed Johnny Velour and he's coming too. I hope to see a few of guys there.

Little tip, The Doll Hut has pitchers of Pabst Blue Ribbon for $5.50 I usually buy a pitcher and ask for just one cup so I don't look so ghetto by drinking straight out the pitcher or anything. Take a sip from the cup and poor a little more out the pitcher. God I love being a drunk.

Yep! Can't miss the Dusty 45's. I'll be there. I haven't been to the Doll Hut yet, and this will be a good show to see.

[ Edited by: johnnievelour on 2004-01-06 02:30 ]

K
Klas posted on Tue, Jan 6, 2004 2:58 AM

Mentioning of The Doll Hut brings back some nice memories from when we (Daytonas) did play there in 1996 together with The Huntington Cads.

Any TCers attended that evening? :D

The Surfites

[ Edited by: Klas on 2004-01-06 16:22 ]

No way. Fred, you remembered.... I probably said that on our journey to Denny's at last years Tiki Oasis.

'American music for American people.....' man that's beautiful.

TM1

Yeah, Lucky Designs.....you da man, Brudder!!!

Ahh it's gonna be on tomorrow. I can hardly wait.

H

Well, I definitely had not seen the Dusty 45s before; there's no way in HELL I would have not remembered a performance like that! Those guys were a blast, great stuff. Holy moly. They're playing again tonight at Bigfoot Lodge.

Devil Doll was great, too -- she's one hot chick, and her voice is fantastic.

Also -- for you burlesque fans... Bella Beretta from the Gun Street Girls just moved here from Seattle, and she's going to be performing a free show Tuesday night at the Viper Room. She's one of my favorite burlesquers, I highly recommend catching her act.

Pages: 1 9 replies