Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

my mukluks are freezing!

Pages: 1 21 replies

it's MINUS EIGHTEEN (inc windchill) in vancouver right now!! WTF? I moved away from montreal to get away from this! and the every road in the city that's not a major route is a skating rink... AND I have to move today! AAAAND everywhere I went for the past 2 days is sold out of ice melt!
I want rain!

(for those who are metric-ly disabled, -18 is about -1 your language)

I feel your pain, VR, especially when I step outside into minus 30 C

(minus 30 C = F'ing cold)

Man, and I was bitchin' about the water being 58 degrees surfing yesterday...

T

I'm just happy when my nostril hairs don't freze. For those of you who have never experienced frozen nostrils, you just haven't lived!

8T

Hey VR, sorry about the temps up there in the "Great White North". But even if you were here (1567 miles South of you) it would still be 20 degrees and everything covered with nearly 1/2 inch of ice. It's gonna take a couple of thousand miles to get thawed these days. Cheer up, the days are getting longer and groundhogs day is just a month away. (Thats when they will tell us its another 4 months till Spring).

K
kctiki posted on Sun, Jan 4, 2004 6:06 PM

On 2004-01-04 17:53, tikifish wrote:
For those of you who have never experienced frozen nostrils, you just haven't lived!

Frozen nostrils! Heck yes, cold takes on a whole new dimension up that way. I was in Detroit one winter and swear to God I think my eyeballs were frozen.

T

Actually, as much as people keep saying global warming is only affecting our cities by a few degrees, if that, I remember a childhood in Toronto where my mom pulled me to school on a sled, and I made igloos in the backyard for fun. Now I look out the window and there isn't a snowflake in sight. Sure, it snows, but it seems to melt right away. Hmmm...

Then again, everyone in the 70's was worried about global cooling!

PS. I see this thread devolving into a Monty Python sketch pretty soon...

K
Kono posted on Sun, Jan 4, 2004 7:52 PM

On 2004-01-04 18:27, tikifish wrote:
Actually, as much as people keep saying global warming is only affecting our cities by a few degrees, if that, I remember a childhood in Toronto where my mom pulled me to school on a sled, and I made igloos in the backyard for fun. Now I look out the window and there isn't a snowflake in sight. Sure, it snows, but it seems to melt right away. Hmmm...

You're right, it's unseasonably warm here. Forecast is 81 degrees F tomorrow. :P If the polar caps start to melt then the Mai Kai's in big trouble. :wink:

S
SES posted on Sun, Jan 4, 2004 7:57 PM

It's cold for So. Cal. too! You all may laugh but we were born to wear shorts! And, it's hard to get used to pants!

http://weather.cnn.com/weather/forecast.jsp?locCode=L16

T

I don't laugh at you. I weep for myself! Just after my post on global warming, I went out on thebalcony for some... er... fresh air... and it was SNOWING!

S
SES posted on Sun, Jan 4, 2004 11:26 PM

On 2004-01-04 23:17, tikifish wrote:
I don't laugh at you. I weep for myself! Just after my post on global warming, I went out on thebalcony for some... er... fresh air... and it was SNOWING!

Hahahah... someone needs to knock on a wooden tiki next time so they don't jinx themselves.

Dipping into the -20's and -30's here in southern Alberta too... I don't know why I insist on being out at 3 in the morning in -30 weather, but I do. It's just sick and wrong.

Cory

K
Klas posted on Mon, Jan 5, 2004 3:06 AM

-3 C here today. Not so bad for this time of the year.

The Surfites

[ Edited by: Klas on 2004-01-05 03:16 ]

B

It's been averaging about 14 here in the windy city with nightime lows and wind chills well below zero. We got 6-8 inches of snow which makes the Tikis look a little forlorn....

On 2004-01-04 17:53, tikifish wrote:
I'm just happy when my nostril hairs don't freze. For those of you who have never experienced frozen nostrils, you just haven't lived!

I worked on the Shipping dock of the Sears warehouse in Manteno, Il, & had my nostril hairs freeze @ work. I'm much happier here in North County San Diego, but sometimes I'm still jealous of all that nice weather down south on Coronado...

B

It's been averaging about 14 here in the windy city with nightime lows and wind chills well below zero. We got 6-8 inches of snow which makes the Tikis look a little forlorn....

I had to throw another cover on the bed last night, it got down in the 60's. Freezin
Suckers!

Original Art by Flounder

http://www.flounderart.com

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-01-12 10:49 ]

On 2004-01-12 10:48, FLOUNDERart wrote:
I had to throw another cover on the bed last night, it got down in the 60's. Freezin
Suckers!

Original Art by Flounder

http://www.flounderart.com

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-01-12 10:49 ]

(sound of canadians heading south to beat up floridian)

Boutiki! That poor guy even looks cold!

When it's that cold, I'd say stay home and try to invent a Tiki drink called the Mukluk!

Mukluk has a sort of Tiki sound to it.

Maybe even design a Mukluk mug to put it in!

Mukluks? Are they like thongs (for yer feet that is) but with fur on 'em?

T

Man, I feel for you guyz! It was almost 80 yesterday here in the lower deserts of Southern California. That's the good part. The bad part is that it gets to 113-116F during our summer months! Oh well, ya can't have it all....(d)

Pages: 1 21 replies