Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Collecting tiki mug PICTURES

Pages: 1 6 replies

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Jan 5, 2004 6:15 PM

I know some of you have been doing this. You may not bid on the Ebay mugs, but you save the images. Who out there has been doing this for years? How many do you have? Zip them up and send them to me. Share. I think it's got to be THE way to have a comprehensive catalog of what's out there. I do it with postcards a lot if the image is decent. And lamps.

H

TikiHula's pulled together a fairly comprehensive gallery that anyone can contribute to:

http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/index.php

Were you imagining something different?

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Jan 5, 2004 7:53 PM

Okay, that has REALLY grown since last I visited. Great to see.

T

Yep, it's gown quite a bit!
And I'm putting more photos from ebay on there since I don't buy as many mugs as I used to.
Anyone who wants to contribute please do so...or if you have any ideas on improving the site, I'm always open to new ideas.

S

I am doing my part and uploading all I have scanned.

I would suggest a section for matchbooks alone, as well as swizzles. Those are big enough to be their own sections.

T

Your wish is my command....there is now a matchbook and a swizzle section. The new version of gallery also has a sort of voting thing where you can rate stuff on a scale of 1-5....might be kinda fun for finding out which vintage mugs are the most popular. Any thoughts?

S

I'd like a counter where people can click if they own the mug. As people go through the collection, we'll see what's the most common that way and have a somewhat precise idea.

Pages: 1 6 replies