Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

TIKI BAR Painting: "The Bored Bartender"

Pages: 1 20 replies

"The Bored Bartender", Acrylic on PVC, 30 x 30 cm

Prints are available in a limited edition of 50, printed on 200g paper...if you're interested, just e-mail me...

I always like to show some detail, so here it is...

UPDATED WEBSITE (2003/12/08)

http://www.hasenkamm.de

[ Edited by: Thorsten Hasenkamm on 2004-01-07 05:39 ]

As Always, cool painting, Thorsten, with great "atmosphere."

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2004-01-07 07:17 ]

V
virani posted on Wed, Jan 7, 2004 7:27 AM

I love it !!!!

GT

Highly cool painting, great expressions on all the characters, not just him!

But why isn't he wearing pants?

Who? The Bartender? He wears pants, grey ones...the other guy wears black pants, look at the horizontal... :)

Thorsten~
Very cool painting! Like GT, I too was thinking he was pantless, at least on his backside. I've shown this to a couple of friends and they too say it looks like he's bare-butt. I see the grey part of his pants (in front), but what the hec is the flesh-tone area on his backside then?

dat's his arm, was how i read it. he has kind of a flintstones physiology.

yabba-dabba-cool, Herr Hasenkamm... j$

T

It's his other arm. I personally don't see the "butt" thing. I see grey pants and his left arm hanging down, it totally goes with the "Bored" title.

By the way it's a great painting, I love it!

Ok, I see. I wasn't seeing that he was arched so far back that his (other) arm was hanging down on his other side.

Cheez, if this one one of those 2-faces-or-a-vase? optical illusions, I'm dim! I can't even see what y'all aren't seeing. His back is arched, his left arm is dangling down (you can see the bottom of that short sleeve), he has a brute's chest and big bruiser arms, finishing with narrow little hips (invisible under the bottom of his shirt) and legs (both together as wide as one arm) in grey pants.

I LOVE his stance (and proportions and whole attitude)! I'm kinda seriously thinking about getting a print of this. GREAT work, Thorsten!!

GT

I get it!

I am so sorry. As soon as I saw your answer, I could see what was going on. You are right, it does absolutely fit the image of a bored person's body positioning.

Apologies again.

I am glad to see you are using the "Half Tiki-in-the-foreground" concept which was so well established on Les Baxter's "Ritual of the Savage" LP cover.
It took me 10 test persons (What is this?) to convince Moritz to apply it to the BOT cover Tiki, he was so worried people would not recognize it. I compromised a little and let him make it not completely half face.

Thanks peeps!

No prob, Geeky :wink: ...

Interesting, bigbrotiki...

Great work i wish I could afford the original. I noticed you said that it was painted on PVC. What is PVC? The only one is know is polyvynilchloride, which is what plastic pipes are made of.

Just curious.

Yep, it IS polyvynilchloride...it's great for painting!

Whatever it is, it looks great! This carver is going to be in your neck of the woods soon, maybe I'll see you there.

O

man, i dig, dig that painting. i checked out your website, great work, but did not see this painting listed. i am strapped right now, but how much are the prints running anyways?

Well, the print is $ 100, shipping is $ 10...

P

Wow, what a great painting! Gotta have a print!

Thanks Puff(y) :wink: ...

On 2004-01-08 13:23, tikitanked wrote:
man, i dig, dig that painting. i checked out your website, great work, but did not see this painting listed.

It now is listed on my site :wink: ...

UPDATED WEBSITE (2004/01/13)

http://www.hasenkamm.de

[ Edited by: Thorsten Hasenkamm on 2004-01-13 15:40 ]

Pages: 1 20 replies