Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Free Exotica CD

Pages: 1 10 replies

I don't know if this was ever posted before, but a friend of mine just sent me this link to a wonderful two disc MP3 collection of Exotica tunes, and best of all it's free.

http://www.comfortstand.com/catalog/001/index.html

-g-

S
SES posted on Wed, Jan 7, 2004 5:34 PM

Yes. It was posted awhile ago and they sound great!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6098&forum=1

K
Kanaka posted on Thu, Jan 8, 2004 4:31 PM

I downloaded this a while back but my car CD player won't play it. My computer play's it fine. Is there something I can do???

Scotty

K

Buy a new car...

K

I meant to say "buy a new car stereo," one that plays CD-Rs burned on computer....

K
Kanaka posted on Thu, Jan 8, 2004 5:49 PM

Not an option unless I unload some mugs or Shag prints. Is there any kind of conversion during the recording process???

scotty

T

I thought it depended upon the type of CD. For instance I burn on CD-RW and can only play on the computer. Using the software it will tell me that I can only play it on the computer and not car stereos. I have a friend that burns on CD-R and I know that I have seen him play them on his car stereo. Maybe someone else can clarify. I didn't think that you would actually have to buy a different type of player otherwise we should just back to cassettes or better yet eight tracks.

K
Kenike posted on Thu, Jan 8, 2004 6:44 PM

I've run into that problem if the CD is not "finalized" after burning. Be sure it's finalized before you try to play it somewhere besides your PC.

:drink:

If you are downloading mp3s you need to convert them to WAV files then burn them on a disc. Once you have converted them to WAV files then any CD player will think they are CDA files and play them like any regular CD.

You can use musicmatch to convert files pretty easily
http://www.musicmatch.com
One thing about Music Match though is once you install it it wants to make itself your default player for all types of sound files. As you are installing it you will come to a window that has a bunch of options checked on which type files will default to music match. Just uncheck them all.

[ Edited by: suicide_sam on 2004-01-09 12:37 ]

P

Aloha!
Great stuff and great forum btw!

T

Older CD players (like the ones in mmany cars) only placy CDs created using what we call the Red Book format. This is basically a bunch of subcode that goes on to the CD to tell the player what to do with the data on the dissc.

CD-ROMs, DVDs, old DiVX discs, and other types of media that use CD-like discs each vae their own 'book': Yellow Book, Oraange Book, etc.

CR-Rs and CD-RWs are a different format (or 'book') than factory-pressed CDs.

Newer CD players are designed to play them (and even things like MP3 CDs that contain only MP3s and not normal audio files).

These newer players are only found in the most recent cars.

This is why some cars don't play CD-Rs and CD-RWs.

It has to do with the software in the CD player itself being able to recognize the disc format.

Pages: 1 10 replies