Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki-Ti tonight, Wednesday 1/7

Pages: 1 11 replies

H

I haven't been to Tiki-Ti in more than a month... I think I'm going to pop my head in tonight right after work, about 6-7ish. Anyone care to join me? Or suggest a drink I should try?

M

Uga Booga!
Uga Booga!
Uga Booga!

P

The Uga Booga is not bad if you like Myers's. My only complaint about it is that there is an undertaste that kind of reminds me of chlorinated pool water. It is very subtle, though and doesn't really spoil the drink.

Other drinks I like at Tiki-Ti are the Zombie, the Suffering "B", the Bayanihan and Rum Gum and Lime. And, of course, the Ray's Mistake which I pretty much always get when I am there.

Wish I could join you tonight but there is just no way I can get out to Hollywood at that time. Have a great evening and have one for me.

My fav's there also include the Suffering B, Bayanihan and of course, Ray's Mistake -- and its only 5 bucks tonight too!

Early Wednesday is my Tiki Ti time whenever I am in town, usually meeting Beachbum Berry and Kevin and Jody, the Hawaiian Eye/Miehana guys.
That's why I always miss Miles and Dale who go Fridays.

S

Can't beat a Ray's mistake. Sadly I'm still @ work and I doubt the wife and I will fight the traffic on the 110 by the time I escape. have one for me

Hey, I did.

H

I had a Painkiller. It was goooood. I also got adventurous, and ate afterward at El Chavo next door. C rating or no, it was perfectly tasty! And great decor & music. So far so good on the gastro-intestinal front, we'll see if it holds 'til morning.

Aaaack! Sorry I missed out tonight. It's rare that I miss a Wednesday night at Tiki Ti when I'm in town and I just couldn't get out tonight. Hope to see you, Humuhumu and many other Tiki Centralites over there soon.

-Weird Unc

On 2004-01-07 23:12, Humuhumu wrote:
...and ate afterward at El Chavo next door. C rating or no, it was perfectly tasty! And great decor & music. So far so good on the gastro-intestinal front, we'll see if it holds 'til morning.

H2~
I've always had good food there. Never a disappointment. I ate there 3 times before I finally noticed the "C-Rating" at the entrance (the rating is right at the front door, not hidden at all, I just never noticed it before), but have never had any problems. I'll keep going! I usually go at about 5pm AND THEN go to Tiki-Ti's when it opens at 6pm. Mike & Mike serve up some potent drinks so I make sure I get something in my stomach before indulging.

Maybe I'll see you next time.

How did you like the neon sombreros and the HUGE picture of Dolly Parton? (would there ever be a small picture of Dolly anyway? :lol: )

O

sorry i missed out, have not checked in or responed to tikicentral in a while. i am going to pop into Tiki Ti tonight for a virgin drink. horror of all horrors, i am unable to consume alcohol for at least three months. i had a wrist injury at work in august, and the anti-inflammatory they gave me has wrecked my guts. though i have to admit, i have drank a few times, but the price to pay is excruciating.
no drink, no fun, makes tikitanked just tiki.
let me know if anyone plans to swagger on down to the Ti.

My favorite drink there is the Missionary's Downfall. A very weird mixture of mint, peach schnapps, lime and rum. I've yet to eat at El Chavo, but I used their ATM.

Pages: 1 11 replies