Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Precious Moments Are Evil

Pages: 1 13 replies

q.e.d.

E
Erika posted on Thu, Jan 8, 2004 12:21 PM

I agree.

The other ones that radiate evil are those figurines called Snowbabies.

Agreed.

It would take a textbook to cover everything that is wrong about them.

They give me the P**s Shivers (pardon my French).

I

Has anybody here been to the Precious Moments Chapel in Missouri? It is high on my list of roadside attraction sites to visit.

http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/MOCARprecious.html

Vern

UB

S
Sabina posted on Thu, Jan 8, 2004 1:44 PM

Vern,

We've yet to make the pilgrimage, but I do have the cheesy tourist brochure somewhere here in the collection- picked it up on one of our many trips through MO.

Truely frightening.

M

My wife warned me that if we received any precious moments figurines for our wedding that they would be disposed of post haste....personally I think they're absolutely wretched.

Matt

R
Rain posted on Thu, Jan 8, 2004 4:01 PM

are you guys familiar with "living dead dolls?" you could customize those precious moments things into some fun stuff.
i would, anyway.

T

Was Casper a dead child?

R
Rain posted on Thu, Jan 8, 2004 5:12 PM

That chapel is just... I have no words for it... so wrong... so very wrong... I'm not sure which I should be more offended as, a religious person or an aesthete...

Cory

8T

As a life-long Missouri resident I can tell you that the place is one of those things that is designed to catch the road trippin' tourists headed into the Ozarks region to see Silver Dollar City, Branson or the Shepherd of the Hills show. Now don't get me wrong, I love our state and if you've never been to the Ozarks, you gotta see it someday. Sure we have our gawdy tourist traps and the endless varieties of Hillbillies performin'on stage, but there is absolutely nothing in the region as annoying as the numerous Precious Moments chapel billboards that are plastered along the highways. Yuck!! I sympathize with anyone who has suffered the loss of a child and to erect a memorial is understandable but to comercialize it and make a bunch of $$$ over it adds a big dose of distaste to the thing.
Just my opinion and I know someone loves the figurines or they would have stopped makin' 'em long ago. My personal hope is to someday be in an antique mall at the exact time when a glass display case full of the statues goes crashing to the ground. What a lovely sight it would be! (That is as long as I'm not the one who bumped into it!!!)

And I thought I was the only one in the world who hated those terrible things.

I was watching "clean sweep" on TLC over the holiday. They forced a woman to sell off her entire collection. She had boxes of those scary little beasts.

On 2004-01-08 17:12, Rain wrote:

Excellent job Rain!

Pages: 1 13 replies