Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Come celebrate Chinese New Year at Trader Vic's Emeryville: January 22nd. Read on!

Pages: 1 14 replies

M

Aloha!!

Nothing too fancy, just want to round up the Bay Area (and as always, anyone else who's in the neighborhood) folks for drinks in Trader Vic's bar to celebrate Chinese New Year:

Vic's will be having a traditional lion dance which will make it's way through the bar at 7:30 PM

Let's meet in the bar at 6:30-6:45 and get good seats for the madness. Should be a good time! Please: no fireworks in the bar!

Ring in Year 4701 in style! Plus: It's the year of the monkey! And everyone loves monkeys!

Please post to this thread if you can make it.

Added bonus: Anyone who wants a bottle of Falernum and can't make it to John Taylor's liquor shop on Sutter, let me know when you reply and I'll bring bottles with me to Vic's for you. Put your orders in early. $15 per bottle.

Mahalo and see you all soon!

Gong Xi Fa Cai! (Mandarin)

Gung Hay Fat Choy! (Cantonese)

[ Edited by: martiki on 2004-01-09 12:56 ]

Listen to your APE cd's everone! It's the year of the Monkey!

(the sucky thang about chinese new year is the imported Bamboo gets jacked up! They take like a month of work. Why can't we take a month off during our new year!?)

Have fun you all up north!

As reasons to visit Vic's go, this one's pretty thin, Martin. See you there!

T

Thin is in! :)
I'll be there too!

A

Naomi and I will probably go to Thrillville later that night for Bye Bye Birdie, but maybe we can stop at TVics first! Depends on my work that day, but anyway...

Gung Hay Fat Choy!

-Randy

M

On 2004-01-12 11:55, Tiki-bot wrote:
As reasons to visit Vic's go, this one's pretty thin, Martin. See you there!

Since when do you need a reason?!

Here's a reason: I'm told they make exotic drinks. I hear they're pretty good, too!

:wink:

I'm on vacation that week, and I'll be there if i'm in town! (Can I sew myself a zaftig girl cheongsam before then? I doubt it.)

Dang! Can't make it-I have my drafting class Thursdays! Gotta learn how to draft everyone's new tiki landscapes, you know!

:drink:

Tacky

A

Woops, now we officially can't make it to this, because a business trip cropped up for next week. Light a firecracker for us,
-Randy

Just got back from school-drafting has been changed to Friday night (will have to cut class for the Crawl!) Soooo-I can make it after all!

Mai tai! Mai tai!

:drink:

Tacky

M

Bumpity bump bump! C'mon folks- I'll have you home in time for bed.

T

It sounds like fun, but the San Francisco Film Noir Festival is happening at the Castro theatre and this particular night they're showing 2 movies I haven't seen (The Accused and The Reckless Moment). It starts at 7PM. That's my excuse, I'm a film noir fan. You can probably find me at the Deke Dickerson show later at the 12 Galaxies Club, 2565 Mission.

M

I'M hoping to make it!!

M

Bruce- I'll take you over- I'm already grabbing Otto at his office so no big deal. Then we rule the South of Market carpool lane!! Har!

Jab- Like, aren't all those boring old movies in black and white? That is so lame!

M

On 2004-01-21 12:36, martiki wrote:
Bruce- I'll take you over- I'm already grabbing Otto at his office so no big deal. Then we rule the South of Market carpool lane!! Har!--SORRY, I'LL HAVE MY TRUCK TOMMORROW
Jab- Like, aren't all those boring old movies in black and white? That is so lame! LIKE NO SURROUND SOUND AND STADIUM SEATING-I AM SO SURE!!!

Pages: 1 14 replies