Tiki Central / California Events

Bigbro's Tiki Central appreciation party Aug.31st - CANCELLED

Pages: 1 33 replies

EDITOR'S NOTE:

PARTY CANCELLED!
Please check out the thread below for details:

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=746&forum=1&15

~Hanford

Jawohl, I am opening the sacred halls of my Tiki museum to my fellow Tiki archeologists in the LA area. Every visitor will receive a guide book through my collection in one hand and a Mai Tai in the other, and you will be educated and amused.

This will be 4 days after my 47th birthday, but please bear no gifts, I am rich in Tiki, but poor in moola, so to keep the expense down, just bring lot's of Myers and Mount Gay rum and some munchies (I will grill some smokey links to create a basis for the booze).

Please confirm attendance AND RUM below, that way we can balance the light and the dark rums (at least in the beginning, later it won't matter so much, he he).

Saturday, August 31st, at 6:00 pm
At 2300 Hidalgo Ave. (corner of Bancroft)
in Silverlake

FORM LETTER:
I, (name), and my bottle of: (brand of rum), will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2002-08-12 19:18 ]

F

That's Labor Day weekend, isn't it? Very nice.

I'll be there, bearing slides of Tiki Gardens, so get the projector out. I'll have to inform you of Rum presents at a later date.

TG

J

Damnit! Here I am stuck on the east coast missing all this good stuff! I need to move out west!!!

:drink:

T

Do you have the capability to display an MPEG movie to the masses (goot internet connection?)

If I have my Tiki Tiki Yokohama mini-video review done by then, maybe it could make an appearance at the party...

Depends if it sucks or not. I'll have to check the footage and see. Filming while drinking 'Milky Merons' is not maybe so good an idea!

I, Cherry Capri and my bongo playing mate, C.B. Howlie, and my bottle of undisclosed
"late night" rum, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st

DZ

I, Doctor Z, TikiCentral newbie that I am, and TimTiki, my ever-faithful Saturday garage-sale-ing companion, with bottles of, uh... something other than Bacardi in our hands, will definitely visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

I'm sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous of you guys on the west coast I'm stuck here in Parkville Maryland. Now if I can only get this telaporter working things could get better

:drink:

[ Edited by: powerofthetiki on 2002-08-07 06:48 ]

Thanks for the invite BigBro!

**Poly-Pop ***

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-04 20:22 ]

T

I, too will have to miss yet ANOTHER incredible tiki-vent

Drat! I curse my East Coast living!!! :evil:
Well, you can't stop me from attending in spirit ...

On Aug 31, I will make the most incredible batch of mai-tai's I have ever made and toast bigbro, and all Tiki Cen's alike (and non-alike)!! oh yeah and give alittle back to my homies.

BTW, Happy Birthday Bro!

T

Sven - I'd love to come - I can bring some concept art & (very brief) home movies of the Banana Train Ride at Pacific Ocean Park if you'd like! Also a book of Tiki Room documentation (altho I've heard about your distain for "Tijuana Tiki"!) Also - I have some video of Trader Vics in Thailand...
I could bring some rum from Trader Joes, I suppose...

S

Aloha, Sven!

Tina and I will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st with Myers Rum in hand!

Many mahalos for your hospitality!

Uncle Arty

Sven,
I, Vic & Bonnie (AKA BONONVIC)and my bottle of: STROH Rum 180, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.
Thanks for the invite. Mahalo

Ooooh nooo, STROH rum... you need a licence for that! This will add a nice element of danger to the rum lab.
Only allowed for folks with designated drivers...

A

We, Al and Shelley, and my bottle of Barbancourt, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

I, Fred Haro (AKA suicide_sam), and my bottle of: I'll find a bottle "o" something, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

FORM LETTER:
I, Frenchy Polynesia, would like to bring myself and Mig (who will be bringing Rum X) to visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on
Saturday, August 31st.

That is, of course, if us non LA-ers are also invited... Amazingly we're both already going to be in town to see Fishbone! :)

I, Hanford Lemoore, and my bottles of: both Myers and Mount Gay rum, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

~Hanford

T

I, Trustar would be honored to bring Cruzan rum and a guest to the hallowed halls of the Tiki Museum August 31st. See y'all there.

A tip of the mug to ya Sven

Paul

Yo Big Bro! The Mrs. and I will be there for the party. Just one thing though, we are gonna have to set up a date and time cause we will have a gift for you, and it's kind of heavy, and made of palm wood. E-MAIL ME or call me . It's on the flyer I gave you at the OC crawl.

I, Holden Westland, and my bottle of: Trader Vic's rum, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st... wir trinken gerne mit ein ander mein freund!
Holden

BB

I, Bamboo Ben and 1 out of a six pack of "Mount Gay" (directly from the grocery store in Barbados, they sell them in 6 packs!) Will "NOT" be there to visit Sven's (raw ceiling) Tiki compound, "NOR WILL ANYONE ELSE!!"
Sven called me today and had to bail out of the summer events due to, he has to make a living too and must do so in Germany. It's a drag, but he's got to do what he's got to do! Sorry you'll have to miss all the events Big Bro, we'll be thinking of you. And, it was nice to see you down here last week with Diego. Hope you enjoyed H.B.!

Mahalo,
Bamboo Ben
Bamboo Ben (custom tropical decor)
712 Yorktown Ave. #20
Huntington Beach, Ca. 92648
Store Hours- Sat. 10-5ish
Sun. 11-4ish (summer only)
Other Hours by appointment 714 960-1860

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-08-08 08:31 ]

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-08-09 06:52 ]

[ Edited by: bamboo ben on 2002-08-10 18:30 ]

I, Trader Pup, and my bottle of: ??? dark rum, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

:tiki:

Ok, I Danny Gallardo, my wife Stephanie, and a bottle of some kind of rum will gladly visit the silverlake tiki museum on 8/31.

I, Angelo "TheTikiGuy", Alison, and my bottle of: Trader Vics Dark Rum and possibly the spice Rum (if they have it in stock), will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.
You are very gracious BigBro..............

ps: Hey Bamboo Ben, A car pool would be a great idea. Let me know, I am in Laguna Hills and could swing by HB.

-TheTikiGuy

[ Edited by: TheTikiGuy on 2002-08-08 12:55 ]

T

I, Baxter Alex (no it is not backwards)and wife Sara, would love to bring something other than rum (food perhaps)since you have a keg full of rum already on the way.
Will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

Bigbro tell us in your divine Tiki wisdom
what else can we bring?

T

It just occurred to me, are you guys in the US allowed to have Cuban rum? Or is it verboten, like the cigars?

Just another reason for a Canadian Tiki Crawl...

M

No, sadly Cuban rum is verboten. I brought back a bottle of Havana Club 7 from the UK and it's very nice.

I, martiki (martin cate), my wife Rebecca, and my bottle of: something besides rum at this point- (how about some Passion Fruit syrup and orgeat, bigbro?), will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st, barring any transportation problems.

Thanks for the invite Bigbro,
I, Johnnie (and Robin) Velour, and my bottle of some sort of rum, Lemon Hart Demerara rum perhaps, will gladly visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central web club on Saturday, August 31st.

T

Cuban rum is not supposed to be brought into the U.S. I am fortunate to have friends that smuggle it in for me from Mexico. Just last night I received a shipment of a bottle of Havana Club clear and one Havana Club 3 year old gold. Mmmmmmm

Ah yes, Havana Club. I remember that well. It goes well with a plate of morros y cristianos, followed by a cohiba. Does any body make a mojito Bodegita del Medio style?

Please go to this thread on the main page if you were planning on going to BigBro's party

Arrgh! #%#&@$! Bigbro's TC party, NOT!

We are so bummed out that the party is not going to happen that we are going to drink our bottle of rum right now in honor of not having a party.

Hey BigBro good luck on the shoot and
:) HAPPY BIRTHDAY :D

Have no brakes
Cannot stop
Mahalo to you
Baxdog

[ Edited by: thebaxdog on 2002-08-11 11:09 ]

C
CHS posted on Mon, Aug 12, 2002 12:05 AM

Aloha! Got room for two newbies referred by Uncle Arty (Stentiki)? If so, I, Lorin & Kelly , would very much like to visit the Silverlake Tiki Museum in honor of the Tiki Central Web Club on Saturday, August 31st. Rum will be in hand, but will let you call it when you know what your short of! Mahalo!

California Hawaiian Style (CHS)

Yeah, PARTY CANCELLED!
Please check out the thread below for details:

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=746&forum=1&15

~Hanford

Pages: 1 33 replies