Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Moai in Nissan Titan commercial

Pages: 1 14 replies

S

I don't recall this being posted. In one of the quick scenes of the various large cargo being in the new Titan, there is a shot of 2 large (6 foot or so) stone Moai with the capstones on them.

Nissan knows they must reach out to the tiki community. We need a vehicle that will haul our very large finds home!

payload is definitely an issue for collectors!

i'll keep an eye out for the commercial. it might be more fitting if it showed the vehicle stopping at the moai, the passengers getting out and looking at and documenting it, then trying to figure how to fit it into the back of the vehicle...

:tiki:

I saw that Nissan truck commercial a few times too and screamed "Moai!" I was hoping someone else saw them and I wasn't imagining it. Mrs. Lake just rolled her eyes...

The mystery of how the Moai were transported to their final destinations has been solved at last. Good, now we can get to work cracking the Rongo-Rongo code.

perhaps rongorongo means "limited slip differential"

I write commercials for a living and I have yet to find a way to slip a tiki or a moai in there... although I keep trying... good work to whoever managed that one!

T

On 2004-01-12 08:45, Swanky wrote:
Moai with the capstones on them.

These are called pukao, and are meant to be the 'topknots', or literally the moai hairdos (long hair tied in a knot on top of their heads).

On the subject od advertising, anybody remembr an ad in the 80s that had a bunch of moai wearing walkmans (maybe it was a Sony ad)? I've been trying to track that one down....

T

JT,
It was buggin' me because I know I just saw it somewhere. Using all the tiki mana I possess, I searched and searched because as I said I know I had just recently seen this online. Well 15 mins later. Not the best resolution, but hey I'm supposed to be working!

addendum

there is a dj supply shop in dc called djhut - their logo and under-construction website are similarly moaified...

Elvis needs boats.

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-01-12 15:12 ]

T

I wish I worked in advertising in the 80's.. ad writing was so much simpler then! Go to work, write a few puns, off for a 3 martini lunch, screw your co worker in the supply closet, make a few calls, go home.

Sigh.

Tikifish...Do you not have the martini's now?

Well, I had a beer at my desk last night as I worked away on a pitch at 9:00 pm... somehow it's not quite as classy.

In the summer we managed to get out for 3 martini lunches (well, actually 3 beer/ or 3 wine lunches) but when patio season ends Canadians hibernate. It's been a dry few months in the old bullpen.

KK

Do you not have the martini's now?

Guf-faw!

T

Oh... I just got it.

I'm from Canada so I'm slow, eh?

T
 It was buggin' me because I know I just saw it somewhere.  Using all the tiki mana I possess, I searched and searched because as I said I know I had just recently seen this online.  Well 15 mins later.  Not the best resolution, but hey I'm supposed to be working  

Nice one, Turbo.

Now get back to work! :)

Pages: 1 14 replies