Four Faced Tiki Mug / Peanut Dish for TRADE

Pages: 1 10 replies

aloha,

[ Edited by: filslash 2007-01-06 13:59 ]

[ Edited by: filslash 2007-01-06 13:59 ]

B

Wadda' ya want for it?!?

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-10 13:42 ]

Duke are you telling me there is still mugs out there you don't have!

B

Oh, sure. Plenty. Regardless of the size of someone's collection, there always seems to be a piece we don't have, or some variation we've never seen before. We actually have the fully glazed version of this small bowl, but not the matte/gloss combo. It's mentioned on page 79, but not shown in the book, because we got it after the lay-out had been finalized.

[ Edited by: boutiki on 2004-01-13 19:38 ]

I have only been in the game for a while, but I am amazed at the amount of different mugs there are. I plan to go see Fatuhiva's collection some time soon. He only lives about 20 minutes from me.
OK, I'm going to go sit in front of my collection and sob now.

B

Flounder,
Don't despair. For some time now, Amy and I have been much more concerned with having a nice Tiki room or environment than worrying about having each and every mug. In fact, Fatuhiva and I were discussing the fact that it really is impossible to have an example of every Tiki mug or item out there. Once you accept that, you can relax and enjoy the stuff you find– as well as enjoy seeing what others have dug up.

We've also found that it's more life enhancing to have a soothing place where you can listen to Exotic sounds, sip a tasty cocktail, and dream of swaying palms on tropical isles. In fact, in the middle of one of our winters, it becomes a necessity! So I'd say, collect, create, relax, and enjoy the many aspects of Tiki appreciation.

If you get the chance to see Fatuhiva's collection, by all means, check it out. It's like the Smithsonian for Tiki scholars, and he's a great guy!

-Duke

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-10 13:42 ]

Boutiki, I have started to come to that conclusion. I would just like to find some mugs once in a while when I'm out searching, which I do a lot of.

Flounder-

the tikiroom is back under construction.. with any luck I'll have the mugs part finished soon. (Thatching/lighting is a longer job)

I'll give you a shout when its ready to go and no longer like walking through a minefield of delicate mugs

Pages: 1 10 replies