Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Tiki Matchbook paintings

Pages: 1 15 replies

Finally getting round to posting some images from my vintage matchbook inspired artwork...

These were both from the "Come for Sun Swim Fun show is Palm Springs last fall:

This is from upcoming show "I Dream of Tiki" during Tiki Oasis.

More of my non-tiki paintings may found at my website... Thanks for looking and thanks to everyone else for being so creative and inspirational!

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri on 2004-01-13 20:20 ]

Wow! Those look fantastic! They really do have that tri-color matchbook look. Got any more?

Fabulous as usual, Cherry!

I just don't know where you find the time...

Nice stuff Cherry. I like your website as well, fun stuff.

Very nice!

Aloha Cherri, always cool to see your art and visit the site. Your buildings and text are perfect. Great backgrounds and color combos too.
I am waiting to see the ashtrays and cigarette holders? :wink:

Chongolio

Those are really great!

Thank you everybody.
hey Chongolio - Sam is doing the ashtray pictures!

Very nice. Have you looked into selling signed and numbered prints?

H

You've got to see Cherry's work in person -- while they're based on simple designs, in person you can see a lot of really interesting detail. I got to see some of her Vegas artwork when I stayed with her identical cousin Futura Girl a few weeks ago. Keen-o stuff! Can't wait to see this tiki collection at Oasis -- I bet that Aloha Jhoe's is killer.

S

If ya have yerself an art show up this way, here's the place to do it!
http://www.roqlarue.com/frame/frm-about.html

On 2004-01-14 16:16, nice fishy wrote:
Very nice. Have you looked into selling signed and numbered prints?

M Modern Gallery is selling a sign and numbered limited edition print of the Spa Hotel. http://www.mmoderngallery.com click on prints from the left side menu and then select cherry capri from the top menu. thanks for asking...

On 2004-01-14 12:52, Cherry Capri wrote:
Sam is doing the ashtray pictures!

...but we'd like to see YOUR ashtray pictures...

B

Excellent work Cherry Capri! I have to agree, those colors are great.

Sorry for the shameless plug, but "Tiki Lee's" at the Red Rooster Antique Mall in Las Vegas has 5 of Cherry's ORIGINAL PAINTINGS of Vintage Vegas for sale! Yep, your's truly was selected by Miss Capri herself to be her "Vegas Outlet". I was thrilled to death when she called, lemme tell ya! Anyway, head on over and take a gander at her exquisite artwork. You WILL want to own one! Just imagine if you got in on the ground floor of SHAG's career and bought one of HIS originals! Get the picture? GREAT! See Ya there!

I LOVE THESE PAINTINGS!

Pages: 1 15 replies