Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pages: 1 18 replies

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 16:22 ]

On 2004-01-14 22:57, Monkeyman wrote:
Top 20 Average Posts per week (days since joining)

1. Unga Bunga 25 (222)

Dam Unga, get a freakin hobby.

On 2004-01-14 22:57, Monkeyman wrote:
Is there a way to remove user IDs for members who have not posted within 60 days?

Er, this seems a little mean-spirited! People sometimes are unable to post for a long time for reasons unrelated to any sudden dislike of Tiki Central. I had a few weeks with my home pc in storage (still is in fact) and a sudden surge in workload, and didn't have time to post. Bigbrotiki often gets called out to Germany for a while for filming duties, and can't post as a result.
Maybe 6 months might be a valid timescale, but 60 days can fly by if you're busy.

Interesting stats, though!

Trader Woody

T

Thank god you posted the 2nd list... now I know it's not that I talk too much, it's just that I've been here since the Pliestocene era.

On 2004-01-15 06:35, tikifish wrote:
Thank god you posted the 2nd list... now I know it's not that I talk too much, it's just that I've been here since the Pliestocene era.

yabba dabba doo!

well your posts are always interesting and fun, so keep em up! j$

I feel like such a nerd. 4th place for weekly post! I don't even have anything important to say. That blew me away. My computer is right next to my painting area on the same table so I pop over often to waste some time or to let paint dry.

Damn it I just did it again.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 16:23 ]

On 2004-01-15 08:28, Monkeyman wrote:
My idea of removing member names was not intended to be mean spirited

Well, I must admit the idea of you letting out an evil cackle as someone hits the magic 60 days after an accident doesn't really compute! (Especially considering your sig pic....)

Is the large number of non-posting members really a problem though? Does it waste resources, Hanford?

Trader Woody

Monkeyman,

List the number of members with ZERO posts.

S

Being a tech geek, I would LOVE to see the web stats on this site.

On 2004-01-15 09:05, Tiki_Bong wrote:
Monkeyman,

List the number of members with ZERO posts.

... and send out the TIKINATOR! :) :P :)

Elvis needs boats.

[ Edited by: Johnny Dollar on 2004-01-15 10:36 ]

V

Well, Ok i don't have that much posts, but at least i'm watching the forum everyday; so, even if i don't post for 60 days, i don't want to be bannished !
I'm learning from you guys, and i love that. Anyway, I'm still a tiki freak compared to the tiki quizz, even if i don't have 500 posts !!

S

Actually, it would really suck if those of us who don't post once every sixty days were eliminated from the database. I've been around since the Yahoo days, but I often don't have a lot to say. I try to stay pretty on-topic when I do post, though, so hopefully it's quality, not quantity.

I travel a fair amount with work, so I may be home for a few months, then on the road for an extended period. It would be really obnoxious to have to re-register every so often.

When I get home from being on the road, I usually never get through everything I missed. Due to the Volume and the travel I miss some of what's going on here- so posting for me is often a question of doing a search to see if it was brought up by someone else in my absence.

I guess it's more a matter of the technical needs of the site- if we were rubbing up against limited resources or some other such criteria I'd understand.

But not posting often is no indicator of Tiki involvement. When I'm not slowly adding bit by bit to the Lounge of the Seven Pleasures, I'm often hooking up with other TCers. This last year we attended Mondo Tiki, The Hukilau, and Exotica plus varrious get togethers with folks and the ongoing MD/DC/(VA) crowd.

Just pointing out that 'lurkers' may be more Tiki than people are giving them credit for. And that there may be reasons behind the lurking or lack of postings that are inobvious. Assume nothing.

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 16:23 ]

On 2004-01-15 07:52, FLOUNDERart wrote:
I feel like such a nerd. 4th place for weekly post! I don't even have anything important to say. That blew me away. My computer is right next to my painting area on the same table so I pop over often to waste some time or to let paint dry.

Damn it I just did it again.

i'm often doing autocad or indesign / word editing all day, this is the only thing that keeps me (in)sane ~ j$

MR sMILEY SUCKS! he didn't make the lists. snif. See some of you bowling tonight!!

Since the Eames era anyway :wink:

Don't worry .... deleting members who have not posted in XXXXX amount of days would be horribly resourse intensive, becuase someone (me?) whould have to scan the list and do it manually. There's no way in hell I'm going to do that.

Everyone contributes to Tiki Central in their own way. And I don't think there's anything wrong with lurking. There are lurkers who have membership accounts with zero posts. They are welcome to keep their account, and they are welcome to become grand members if they'd like to contribute that way. In fact, I think it's great when low-post-count members join the Grand Members ranks, becuase it says "I may not contribute by way of posts or information, but I DO want to contribute".

Hanford

T

I think that back in the Precambrian era (or pre-Yahoo TC era, that is), you were probably the number 1 Email-correspondant to the Tiki Bar Review Pages. You're slipping, J! :)

Pages: 1 18 replies