Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

bratz does tiki's

Pages: 1 21 replies

HH

so we were walking the the doll isle at target tonight and I saw these bratz doll "beach or summer " somthing when I notice one of the of dolls was holding a tiki mug,just a generic type but the other doll had a tiki bob type mug!! anyways just a little fye for you ppl who have to have everyrhign tiki related. They were kinda cool though ;P

D

These are the images I found. Why would she need extra feet?

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-01-15 01:45 ]

T

On 2004-01-15 01:32, DawnTiki wrote:
These are the images I found. Why would she need extra feet?

Unfortunately, I know why. My Daughter got 2 for Christmas. The shoes don't come off. The feet do.

I

I wonder what little Suzy Slutz doll is drinking there? Looks like the kind of mug I get my fogcutters in.

Man, at least she's not wearing booty shorts (you know, the ones in videos where half the cheek is displayed, but the sides are "long,", so they're technically shorts, not a bathing suit bottom). Most of the Bratz are dressed like pure video ho.

But now I want this one for her little tiki mug! Maybe I can get her for my niece (who BEGGED for a Bratz this Christmas).

Yeah, we saw those at Target also. It had a tiki bar, some Moai mugs, tikis all set in what they termed a "Jamaican" party. (I threw up in the ladies nightware section.)

I still think Barbie had a far killer bod that these little street sluts...

I

LOL. Jamaican party? My concept of the paraphenalia for a Jamaican party is a far cry from Moai and a tiki bar.

On 2004-01-15 12:55, Tiki_Bong wrote:

Bong, have you seen the new My-Scene Barbie? They're a Bratz rip-off with larger breasts & thong underwear. Buy all 4 with apre-ski/snowboarding gear & you get your own cell phone. Every 12 year old wants 1.

D

The extra feet are actually intended to replace her hands.

There is a Bratz subculture that is into that.

I

Is it me or does the term "Guava gulch" sound really dirty when associated with half naked chicks with stripper names?

My 6 year old daughter has been wanting some tiki stuff in her room, after watching mom get all the fun stuff. She has all of the my scene barbies (which aren't quite as bad as Bratz), so it looks like I'll be picking this up over the weekend. Gotta keep tiki going through to the next generation.

"Jammin' in Jamaica" is kinda suggestive, too.

Jamaica?
Bong....you didn't know that Ku is sporting dreadlocks? When you're finished barkin' at the ants, I have some jerk chicken and Red Stripe to wash it down. HAHAHAHAHA!!

Now back to my oysters on the half shell!

[ Edited by: jungletrader on 2004-01-16 17:06 ]

On 2004-01-16 08:34, freddiefreelance wrote:

Bong, have you seen the new My-Scene Barbie? They're a Bratz rip-off with larger breasts & thong underwear. Buy all 4 with apre-ski/snowboarding gear & you get your own cell phone. Every 12 year old wants 1.

Yeah, but Barbie always had that sort of "girl-next-door-with-a-fabuloso-I-want-to-bury-my-head-in-your-boobs-lick-you-from-where-your-toes-begin-bite-the-head-off-a-rattle-snake (OK, a little Blackfoot talk) look about her, I couldn't resist. Of course a Chinese Barbie would've been cool...

alright so I did it. I stopped on my way home from work friday and bought the barbie tiki bar. My daughter loves it. I have to say it's pretty cool. The Jamaica thing is only on the box, so once you throw that away no one knows.

On 2004-01-16 19:12, Tiki_Bong wrote:

On 2004-01-16 08:34, freddiefreelance wrote:

Yeah, but Barbie always had that sort of "girl-next-door-with-a-fabuloso-I-want-to-bury-my-head-in-your-boobs-lick-you-from-where-your-toes-begin-bite-the-head-off-a-rattle-snake (OK, a little Blackfoot talk) look about her, I couldn't resist. Of course a Chinese Barbie would've been cool...

I thought they did one. There's blonde & brunette, latina, 3 different shades of black, & I thought there was an oriental 1, too. Maybe it was 1 of Kelly or Skipper's friends...

R
Rain posted on Mon, Jan 19, 2004 1:32 PM

I thought they did one. There's blonde & brunette, latina, 3 different shades of black, & I thought there was an oriental 1, too. Maybe it was 1 of Kelly or Skipper's friends...

my girlfriend bought her mom the Thai princess barbie - they do come in every flavor. they also had REALLY bad x-files, addams family, and other cool things they had no business ruining. i used to really hate barbie, but those bratz things just make me violently irate. i'm not sure why.

But I am SO proud of my Star Trek Barbie, complete with Ken and cardboard cutouts of Spock and Kirk (seated!). Ken is in Commander's gold, and Barbie's a RED SHIRT! As IF!! They come with little tricorders and phasers.

Best part (besides Barbie's tights, mini skirt, black Beatle boots, and woven Nurse Chapel hair) - the disclaimer in teensy weensy print on the back:

"Space instruments are non-working"

DAMN!!!!!

(I also love my Nascar Barbie. That's it for my Barbie's, however, besides the mini-skirt go-go girl one.)

R
Rain posted on Tue, Jan 20, 2004 6:23 AM

i like these customized barbies that are all over ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2979661678&category=15953

maybe i should make a whole tribe of early rapa nui inhabitants raising a moai out of barbies. of course, if mattell had its way, the moai head would look like ken. :P

On 2004-01-19 22:51, Formikahini wrote:
But I am SO proud of my Star Trek Barbie, complete with Ken and cardboard cutouts of Spock and Kirk (seated!).

I have Star Trek Barbie and Ken too. I also have a Picard doll -- we all know that's who Star Trek Barbie really wants. :lol:

G

uhhh...err....

virtually flips through RULES book

Nevermind.

Pages: 1 21 replies