Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Happy Birthday, Lisa Lisa!

Pages: 1 3 replies

Not our Lisa Lisa, the other Lisa Lisa!

Rhythm and blues singer Lisa Lisa is 37. (Born 1967) Born lisa velez, it is said that lisa lisa is one of ten children who were raised by a single mother in manhattan's well-known Hell's Kitchen neighborhood. as the frontwoman for full force's cult jam, lisa lisa enjoyed a string of chart-topping songs, beginning with "i wonder if i take you home". released by full force productions, "i wonder if i take you home" created enough of a stir to secure the group a recording contract with columbia records. their debut album, lisa lisa & cult jam with full force, built upon the success of "i wonder if i take you home" with the ballad "all cried out". covered by r&b girlgroup allure in 1997, "all cried out" earned lisa lisa & cult jam their second charting single and catapulted the album to platinum status. released in 1987, their sophomore release, spanish fly, also acheived platinum sales with singles such as "head to toe" and "lost emotion" keeping cult jam on the charts and making lisa lisa an international star.

Just to clarify, OUR Lisa Lisa, aka cultjam, is NOT the Lisa Lisa of Cult Jam?

Well, Happy Birthday to whomever!

C

Our careers are very similar, it's true. Some of my songs:

"I want to build a tiki bar"

"Oh Babe, I think I love your Hip Coco Joe's"

G

Happy Birthday Lika Lika and you to Lisa Lisa. Dam, She's fine!

Pages: 1 3 replies