Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Thanks Ken (Keigs20) for my new masks

Pages: 1 13 replies

I have the best husband in the world. He, along with Ken, surprised me with 3 new tiki masks. They are the ones posted under the Creating Tiki forum. Unfortunately, I don't have pictures yet, since we just had to buy a new digital camera. I will have pictures tomorrow and will post them. I am so excited, they are the first pieces of my tiki room. Of course I just celebrated with a mai tai. Ken you did a great job, Thanks! My husband will get his thanks later :wink:

here's the pics ...

[ Edited by: vwtikigirl on 2004-01-15 22:44 ]

K

Glad the suprise worked and you like them. I felt kind of bad lying to you but sounds like it paid off for you and your husband. Happy early B-Day

Hey, you can't beat that.. you are big 'pimpin like Hugh Hefner and haven't even begun yet!! Keigs stuff gets my advocacy every time.

K

Is that bean bag furniture?

K

K

yes to each question, it certainly looks like 3 bean bags. :P

The furniture in our tv room/tiki lounge is a bunch of love sacs. They are like bean bags, but filled with lazy boy foam. The covers are crushed velvet. We sold our leather furniture and purchased 6 chairs and 2 ottomans. The love sacs are the most comfortable things in the world, and seem to fit the theme of the room pretty well.

If you look close you can see one of my adorable puppies in the middle chair.

Big pimpin' was definitely the goal with those masks. Once I saw the picture with Hugh Hefner I knew I had to have them. Keigs20 is awesome!

Basement Kahuna - or anyone else - I saw some tapa cloths hanging on your basement wall and was wondering how you hung them. My dad gave me a real nice one that he brought back from Tahiti in the 60s and I'm not sure how to hang it.

Mounting the Tapa to 1/4 inch luan is the best to display it. You can do this without adulterating it by just rolling about 1/4 inch of edge over the back on all 4 sides and stapling it there. If you ever want to take it off just pull the staples...doesn't harm the cloth.

BK - thanks for the advice. The cloth has been sitting in a closet for about a month, think I'll put it up this weekend.

T

I displayed a tapa by going ahead and splitting a thick piece of bamboo down the middle. I then went ahead and got some small binder clips and put them at the end of the tapa and then worked out the silver part of the clip. I put the piece of bamboo together (the binder clips fit right in the center) and then tied it at the ends with a thick rope I let sit in some old coffee for a while to give a different color. It has a nice display.

Where could I get some of those funky chairs?

http://www.lovesac.com/

We got ours from Quill who owns all of the AZ stores.

Pages: 1 13 replies