Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

more mugs up for trade and for grabs, need info on brown mugs

Pages: 1 6 replies

i am thinning out my collection to make some room. these westwoods are among the first mugs i ever picked up. if anyone is interested, i will trade all 4 for 1 mug. so that you know, they do have flea bite chips, but still display well. some of the manufacturers flaws, which in my experience is common with westwood, appear to be chips, but you can tell they are not by looking at the glaze.

up for grabs, i have 4 of the light green, 3 of the dark green, and one of the orange.
they have chips, and enamel paint on them. this is not my doing, when i bought these, the paint was already on them, as if someone tried to fix the flaws. some display well, all canhold a drink. would like to give these a good tiki home. send me a pm if interested, and we can work out the shipping

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-16 13:30 ]

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-16 19:47 ]

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-16 20:32 ]

Hey there,
I am VERY interested in your westwoods...I dont have alot to offer as trade bait, but let me know what else you might want for them...$$$
Thanks for the consideration
Jason
[email protected]

What are you looking for in trade?

lemme know

tg

i also have these up for trade. they are in good condition, no chips or crazing. copied from the OMC, or possibly from dupes of the original molds. i picked them up about 5 years ago. do not know anything about them, but i am pretty sure they were produced in the '90s. have not seen them for sale in stores, so i assume they are discontinued.
does anyone have info on these mugs?

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-16 20:33 ]

T

I've seen them marked Modern China. This style is still available here, and can be customized:

http://www.greekshoponline.com/Merchant/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=GSO&Product_Code=G205&Category_Code=PGlassware

tikigreg,
thank you for the info. saw the price they are selling them for and now i know that i got a 10 of them for a song. there are no visible markings on the bottom, though upon closer inspection there seems to be some incomprehensible writing under the glaze.
mystery solved, if anyone is still interested in one, let me know.

Heya Tanked, email me, I mighta come up with somethin' to reciprocate the trade.
TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

Pages: 1 6 replies