Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Menu Story

Pages: 1 6 replies

W

A pointless tale of reunion...

The New Luck Toy is an old Chinese restaurant here in West Seattle. Today at a junk shop I stumbled on one of their menus from way back when. I bought it for 2 bucks and as the fates would have it I and the menu and some friends ended up at the New Luck Toy for dinner. I was showing the menu to the friends and the waiter noticed. He asked to show it to the owner. The owner was very interested, marvelling at the original prices (Combo dinner #5 $1.90). He showed it to some regulars who also found it interesting. It was obvious to me that the menu had completed a journey through time and it should remain with the restaurant, so I gave it to the owner. He was so pleased he picked up our first round of drinks.

That was way cool of you Woof.
Cheap ass, I would had flipped the whole bill.

8T

That could start a whole new wave of how to eat out cheaper. Hmmm. I've got a little flat plastic puppet from Long John Silvers circa 1970. I wonder if that would get me a seafood combo platter? Damn, now I'm hungry. Gotta go.

i would love to see a pic of that long john silver's puppet!

8T

Tiki Chris...Are you serious? Why?

I live in West Seattle, but have yet to try the New Luck Toy. Is is worth trying?

8FT: Why? Well, essentially b/c I'm a hopeless geek. In addition to that I loved going to LJS's as a wee lad &, in general, I just really like promo stuff for restaurants etc. from the early seventies.

But PLEASE don't go out of your way to post/scan an image or anything.

Take care,
Chris

Pages: 1 6 replies