Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Any comments on this mug?

Pages: 1 2 replies

T

I just won this on ebay. Don't know anything about it, I liked the look of it. Had some disposable income from my birthday. BigBro I also purchased your book to help guide me along.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2127406405&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1028834843&indexURL=0&rd=1

:sheckymug:

I have a comment:
BAD-ASSED mug!!
Everybody has their own favorite tiki style & this is one of mine.
I have yet to score any mugs in this style & Seeing one of those type mugs together with a tiki bob mug at the thrift store many years ago is what got me interested in collecting in the first place!
That was about 10 years ago. I didnt pick them up & I still think about it to this day with a bit of regret. Around that time I passed up a 'pineapple' head tiki mug from the Hawaiian Room in NY because it had a small chip (never seen another!) AND a green loong neck Don the Beachcomber head mug because it looked 'cowboy' to me.
Acch, the memories....

M

bigbadtikidaddy wrote:
I have a comment:
BAD-ASSED mug!!

Yep, that was a cool mug. I was looking at it, but missed the auction to watch Barry NOT hit #600! Even with tthe crack that is a great score, I figured it would go for more. I have seen 2-3 of these before. It's a great "signature" style mug...cause I think Quong's was the only place it was used, but no sure.

BBTD, those were some fine mugs you didn't get. Oh well...

midnite

Pages: 1 2 replies