Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Dallas tiki gathering Jan. 30th?

Pages: 1 21 replies

K

I figured I'd start a new thread for this.
So we're thinking about Fri. Jan 30th around 8:00ish at Coconuts. So far the people who say they will definitely come are:
Juno
Tiki Mikey
Diesel tiki

So who else is in? Suelo? Unkle John?

unless i have a gig, i'll be there.

S
suelo posted on Mon, Jan 19, 2004 4:43 PM

Unless something wacky comes up between now & then, I'll be there too. I started back at school this week (first time back in 10 years!), and I'm taking 9 hours & working full time...we'll see if my sanity holds up until then!

S
suelo posted on Mon, Jan 19, 2004 4:58 PM

Okay, I'm about 99% sure that myself & my boyfriend will be there...in the meantime, check out this link of our pictures of what is now known as "the tiki room" from the old Trader Vics...

http://www.clubphoto.com/reward.php?id=1643105&mid=members2_kristen204272&pwd=

See you all on the 30th???
Suelo

I definitely intend to be there, hopefully nothing bad will intervene. What time is everyone else showing up?

K

I plan on being there between 8 and 8:30 (coming from McKinney) but don't let ME set the starting time. If you folks want to start earlier then by all means do.

:drink:

Due to my car returning from the shop with a wonderful present($1900 bill). I regret to inform you that I won't be able to attend the festivities. I am, however,game for another meeting of the mai tais.
mahalo

K

I regret to inform you that I won't be able to attend the festivities.
That's a bummer but totally understandable.

Anyone else in/out? It's a week away.

I found out last night, that Outhouse Moan has another private party gig. Jan 31. :\ oh well at leat it's a hundred bucks i could use for drinking next time. :wink:

S
suelo posted on Sun, Jan 25, 2004 5:29 PM

Ahhh, so once again we've failed to grab a group!!! I just started back to school and after 2 weeks of school and working full time I'm ready to scream!!! Oh yeah, I've got a car in the shop as we speak...we'll see if that means a huge bill, or saying screw it and buying a new car!
Okay...this is crazy...we MUST come up with a date and stick with it. Even if it means we all meet just for ONE drink!!!
Love & Tiki's,
Suelo

K

Maybe we should all simultaneously drink mai tai's from home and then chat on Tiki Shout.

So the 30th is a no-go? :( Man, the CA Hoity Toities wouldn't let this kind of thing happen.

[ Edited by: TikiMikey on 2004-01-25 21:42 ]

maybe we should shoot for sometime during a saturday morning/noon/afternoon...heck I don't mind drinking at 10am.

Sidenote: My band will be in Dallas performing, watch our site in the next few days on where and what time Feb. 7th.

If I get my shed built in time, I'm wanting to have a Luau. Everyone will be invited, but I'll announce it in the proper thread when it gets closer to happening.

So is this definitively off? I was planning on attending with two others.

K

So is this definitively off? I was planning on attending with two others.

I can still go. What time will you be there?

I'm still in, too. Just say when.

K

I'll be there between 8:00 and 8:30 (traffic permitting).
White guy, short brown hair, 5'11", 165lbs. answers to Dennis, most likely at the bar taking advantage of happy hour.

Coconuts link: http://www.coconutsgrill.com/coconutsgrill/index.html

S
suelo posted on Fri, Jan 30, 2004 7:59 PM

Okay boys, how was it? Did anyone actually go??? I have tons going on with work and school (I actually have a class on Saturdays from 9-3), so I'm desperately sorry that I couldn't make it. Be sure to let us know what we missed!!!!

K

Okay boys, how was it?

Well, I was there. I didn't see anyone that that appeared to be looking for another TC'er. It got kinda crowded...then they lit up a disco ball and started playing techno...that's about when I told the drunk next to me that I was leaving.

If any other TC'ers did make it, I'm sorry I missed you...but after they started handing out glow sticks with samples of Hypnotique Liquor I figured I'd had enough $1.00 beers. Some of the tiki's behind the bar also appear to be missing...and they changed the "Tiki Tenders" to "Chicken Tenders." I guess too many people thought they were actually eating tiki's. I'm very dissapointed with this place.

SO, if any Dallas locals can think of another place and time to make this happen you can count me in.

SO, if any Dallas locals can think of another place and time to make this happen you can count me in.

The "Quest for a Tiki-drinking establishment" will commence! I shall start to seek out the off the beaten path dive bars and hole in the wall joints.
Anyone been out to the Cave lounge in Arlington? Two fine tikis in the back patio, cheap drinks and on a weekend afternoon we could have the run of the place.
I'm sorry I wasn't able to attend,but I had to be at work at 6:30 am.
Next time...I will..be there!!!!!!!
Aloha
:sheckymug:

S
suelo posted on Sat, Feb 7, 2004 7:23 AM

Wow,
I'm sorry I missed all that excitement! So sorry it was a bust. I think we all had good intentions of going, but it sounds like everyone's life is pretty hectic right now.
...Where exactly is the Cave Lounge in Arlington? I grew up there & don't recall that one...unless of course it's a new one.
...Cheers!

Aloha all Teaxs tikiphiles!!!
The Cave Lounge is on Division just west of Cooper. It is in the same place where Skippy's Mistake used to be. They completely remodeled the place into a swanky little lounge. The backyard is completely redone. Great place to hang out. My buddy and I went in there one Sat. afternoon to escape the wives, and had the run of the place for four hours or so. The bartender said it doesn't get crowded til 8. We went back there one night at 11ish and it was pretty well packed. Next time I'm in I'll ask if they have website.
Cheers
Mahalo
d

Pages: 1 21 replies