Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

New Bosko Mugs

Pages: 1 9 replies

Does anybody know when Bosko will be releasing some new mugs? I was told about 10 months ago that they would be releasing eight new mugs within the next couple of months. It has been more than a couple of months with no new mugs. Just curious / anxious!

I've been checking out the Bosko mugs too. I visited the Hanalei Hotel bar about a week before Xmas and bought a coupla drinks they now serve in tiki mugs (keepers for about 6 bucks extra). I was curious about where they got their mugs from and they appear to be Bosko. Maybe they're so busy filling orders they've pushed back the schedule. I told the Hanalei they should get their mugs personalized with the name the hotel on them (always thinking about future collectabillity) but I don't think they were that interested in incurring the extra expense.

Thanks for the info. So, they were selling Bosko mugs eh? Could you post a pic? I wanna see, I wanna see!

Check http://www.tikibosko.com/tikimugs.htm The mugs I got from the Hanalei were the Moai Tiki Mug TD26 (brown) and the Head Hunter TD8 (green). They had 4 or 5 others. I'd better get down there tomorrow and finish my research!

Bosko is super busy outfitting a restaurant.

A restaurant? Oh, you have peeked my interest. Where would this restaurant be (hopefully in Ca)? Do you know a estimated time of his mug releases?

Hey Chick, I don't know where the restaurant is.
I don't know when the mugs will be released either.
I'm sure if you send him an e-mail, you'll get a response. But you could just keep checking his website everyday too, which you might already do.

I believe the place is in SD in the gas lamp area(?) . Bosko is a good guy and will get back to you if you email him.

Those aren't Bosko mugs, they are the same mugs labeled "Chiki Tiki" discussed in this thread:

https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=7255&forum=7

Those are also the same (keeper) mugs the Mai Kai uses for their Mara-Amu drink.

M

There was an article in the San Diego Union-Tribune a few months ago where they did a profile on the local tiki scene, including Bosko. Take a look at this thread:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic-new.php?topic=4843&forum=1

In that same article they mentioned the Gaslamp area tiki restaurant. Around that time I did a personal order pickup from Bosko and asked him about both the tiki restaurant and his ceramics. UNfortunately, at that time, he didn't know anything about the restaurant and was not very optimistic about it's authenticity. I hope that the developers did in fact eventually contact him to do the decor. I'm extremely excited at the mere possibilty that there might be a great new tiki establishment opening practicaly in my neighborhood!

As for the ceramics...I know he has several designs in various stages of production. When I was there he showed me the new mug that he had just finished firing a large run of. Unfortunately every single one of the mugs broke in production due to some unknown problem. :( I have a feeling he may have been discouraged by that incident. Personally, I'm really looking forward to seeing some new designs from him if they are ever produced.

ModMana :drink:

Pages: 1 9 replies