Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Home Tiki Bars

Home Tiki Bar Pics

Pages: 1 7 replies

Im sure they have been posted thousands of times on here, but Im new so sorry for being THAT GUY..

I am building my own Tiki Lounge and would love to check out others . Anyone know where I can find some?

Basement Kahuna's killer pad is dam hard act to follow, but here you go. It's a video format.
http://www.audioautographs.com/bar.htm

S
SES posted on Sat, Jan 17, 2004 11:41 PM

need to create a tiki dollhouse too match

B

UngaBunga, Yous is very nice also. How can you beat a Hula Girl dancin' on the couch.. Looks like happy hour all day long.

Right on, Thanks guys. Mine is in its early stages. I bought this house a year ago and have just finished all of the other repairs and can finally start with the downstairs.
So far I am in the process of finishing it, Sheetrock and all that, But I have a pretty good amount of decor already so it will all just be putting it together.

I am stuck on what to do for the walls. I see a lot of the Thatch style wall coverings, but my basement is a good size , can I get away with covering it for a modest price, and if so where can I find it? I live in Boston so there isnt many places I can go locally, That I know of anyway.

It's been said before, but I'll say it again - Reed fencing is about the cheapest way to cover large amounts of wall space. Hell, you're gonna eventually clutter it with artifacts anyway, right? Reed fencing can be had at many home and garden stores such as Lowe's and Home Depot, and a 6'x15' roll will run you around $12. I challenge you to find a cheaper way to cover 90 square feet of tiki bar...

M

Another cheap alternative is to try the homemade tapa technique- making tapa out of brown paper grocery bags.

Crinkle them repeatedly until they get soft and pliable, make potato stamps and use watered down brown paint, and I suppose you could papier mache them to the walls, or use wallpaper glue. Big commitment!

Pages: 1 7 replies