Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Headhunter mug question

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

I just acquired the mug on the left, and wondered if anyone had info on it. At first glance, it appears to be a typical Orchids of Hawaii mug, but it's not. The label says Fred Roberts Company San Francisco.

The mug on the right is an Orchids of Hawaii.

Anyone else have one like the one on the left? I've never seen it before, just the OoH ones.

[ Edited by: tikigreg on 2004-01-29 18:44 ]

Hey there,
Gretings from Pittsburgh, My wife and I have a Headhunter mug that is almost idetical to yours.
It is marked as a "Bamboo of China" "Taiwan". The detail is a bit muddier than yours, (Almost as if this one was cast from a master of the mug you have) Ours is a pale butter yellow, and has "Aloha" on the bottom rim on one side. with the scroll working on the other side.
Good luck on getting info on your mug.
Jay

T

I thought I'd ask about this one more time. Any info on the mug on the left, other than it's a maori headhunter mug?

Mahaloz!

A

TG,
I saw you post this the first time but I don't know much about Fred Roberts. I know he made these mugs and that some of his stickers say "Fred Roberts San Fransico".

T

Ahhhhh, so there are more out there then the one I have. Well, I'm glad to have an unusual item.

Mahaloz AlnShely!

tikigreg

[ Edited by: tikigreg on 2004-01-31 11:24 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies