Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

I Bella di Waikiki

Pages: 1 10 replies

I Bella di Waikiki is playing at this years Rhythm Riot in November in the UK.
Does anyone have any information/reviews/experience on her?

it's an italian "hawaiian" band. do a tc search. there's some info about them here.

it's "I Belli di Waikiki".

translation: the beauties (masculine) of Waikiki.

i think they played Hukilau last year & everybody loved them.

S

Yep, they headlined Hukilau last year and are coming back this year. They are awesome, and I don't say that because I feel obligated. They are great musicians, AND they are a lot of fun. It's no wonder they play before 10,000 at their annual Hawaiian night at the Senegalia event. They really greatly suprised me at Hukilau. You MUST go see them. If you are in a position to promote them, I will see if they can send you anything to help.

Go to the Hukilau site for more pictures and info. They will be in Munich on February 24th for a Hawaiian party for the last day of Carnivale. Also, Next August they'll be in Berlin. They'll play at the Brandenburger rockabilly meeting.
You can find some information at this website http://www.preussenrebs.de

No kidding, these guys are great. If you are a rockabilly fan, you'll love them. If you are a hapa haole fan, you'll be in heaven.

.... and these guys can party! It was a blast having them around at Hukilau!

Great! Highly recommended! A++! Oh wait, that sounds like ebay feedback. Ha!

All kidding aside, Hukilau 2003 was the first I had ever heard of them, and found them to be really great! They really know how to perform! (the ebay-esque feedback is actually an understatement.)

Fantastic...sounds like they'll go down a storm at the Rhythm Riot. (www.rhythmriot.com)

K

I got their CD at Hukilau. They are awesome in person! You can get their CD hereif you want a preview.

Scotty

Thanx Kanaka - I just ordered my copy.

Just ordered mine too. Thanks

S

Your CDs are going out today. Thanks!
Here are the guys during their 2 week gig on Italy's number one show.

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2004-01-22 12:16 ]

Hi Swanky,
Got the CD through yesterday and it's fantastic.
Can't wait to see them at the Rhythm Riot (www.rhythmriot.com), I'm sure they'll go down a storm.

Pages: 1 10 replies