Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Stupid E-bay Listing

Pages: 1 14 replies

This is one of the most rediciulous things I've ever seen on E-bay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2980221808&category=1468

shouldn't this be posted in the main discussion forum? she did mention tiki. its a tiki hut for a fish. we should chart an expedition to the fishes home and document it.

haha

I think I'd be expelled forever!

They should, however, post a picture of the fish in it's home, so that we could see the tiki. THEN I think I could get away with posting it in the main discussion area :wink:

I've emailed the seller & requested a picture of the fish with the Tiki, I hope we'll see it soon.

freddiefreelance wrote:
I've emailed the seller & requested a picture of the fish with the Tiki, I hope we'll see it soon.

Will a picture of mine with the 2 sunken Moai keep you satisfied until then? :lol:

Yes, but we'll need more soon. Who had the fish-in the-blender-tank-on-the-Tiki-bar pictures?

I took these real fast so the quality was not good. It looks a lot cooler at night. I put a light in the lid and a light in the body of the blender. Yes, I disconnected the motor (but I don't tell the fish that, keeps him "in line").
And now for a limited time, You can name him, just for a couple of mai tais!
(but none of that bottle mix crap)

sigh
Well that fixed me up real good.

Now where the heck can I get me one of them there tiny stone replica moais?

I've seen 9" ones specifically for the tank, but they were $30 CDN. ouch!

Real purdy everyone, I love it!

I am working on a similar set up for my iguana, lester. her terrarium is 6ft tall, by two deep by 4ft wide. i plan to set up a moai scene using various chipped moai mugs and some plaster moais. i would like to paint in a background as well. it might be interesting. lesters terrarium makes up one wall in my tiki bar, so that when you are sipping a blue hawaiian you can turn around and see the green lady. very slow progress, someday i will post pictures

Are they fish tanks with tikis or are they tiki tanks with a fish?

The Fish-With-No-Name in his Tiki habitat.

tikitanked, I'd love to see! I moved my pond comets inside for the winter, and so far they only have a skull in their tank. I too was thinking of painting a backdrop, and have also been toying with the idea of having a tank built into a bar. The front would have cutouts where you could see the fish tank..maybe through bamboo..an amoeba shape or a circle with the tank recessed behind? Might look neat.

heloo wahine,
will be a while before i have picks, for that matter, a chance to work on lesters terrarium.
do not know if you have made it out to california, but at bahooka they have what you want. the bar top is the top of the aquarium, so you can watch the fish while drinking. the terrarium is inset into a wooden bar. similar but different, the playboy mansion has a bar that you can veiw people swimming around in. the pool is inside, i beleive going through two floors, so that when someone swims toward the top, you can see them through the side of the bar.
a bar in jamaica goes one step further, where there are glass tubes with running water that people slide through. this is your veiw all around the bar.
anyways, being that lester's terrarium is literally one of the walls that encloses my bar, i am taking my time to decide exactly how i want to put it together. i will host pictures event

that is so cool! I've had this idea for ages, but never seen anything like it in action. I guess the best thing for me to do would be create the bar, make it strong, then do the cutouts. If you had a big bar, you could have a couple of small tanks behind a couple of holes, it would look like one big tank back there somewhere! When I do this, I'll post pics. I like the idea of a tank under a plexiglass bar top, but that would be huge and expensive. Unless I built my own...

Darned creativity! I think I need to kill some more brain cells with booze. Ya.

freddiefreelance, that's hilarious.
Now we've seen the little guy in his home! With the tiki!
I say we move this forum to the main discussion area. It is SO relevant!
But don't say it was my idea :)

Pages: 1 14 replies