Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hunter, Catcher and Ingestor Tea Light Holder on E-Bay

Pages: 1 8 replies

Has anyone seen anything like this before? One hour left to go, a little steep for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3267255270

E

Aloha Tikiwahine,

I bid on that sucker, but somebody wants it baaaad...no way am I doling out that kind of moolah for a candle holder, cannibals or no.

em.

S

Yeah, BK and I looked at that when it came up and agreed it was not from the Mai Kai. You think they would have an open flame around all that old, dry lauhala, bamboo and thatch?! No way!

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2004-01-21 17:24 ]

But is it for real? Basement Kahuna, is this one of yours?

Sorry, the post before mine wasn't up when I posted. Man, Ebay can be a spectator sport too, can't it?

I seemed to be outbid as well. It's cute though, and I'm sure a few of us would like one at home.
I was pretty sure that item wasn't used much, if at all. It looks pretty new. Like it was carved recently.
Ahh well, it's cool to see what's out there!

K

The Mai Kai giftshop sells these. They are the new candleholders on each table. The ones they sell don't have the right something or other to hold the shade. They go for about $30-$40.

On 2004-01-22 12:46, Kentiki wrote:
The Mai Kai giftshop sells these. They are the new candleholders on each table. The ones they sell don't have the right something or other to hold the shade. They go for about $30-$40.

Hi,
i just called ( (954) 563-3272) them to see if they ship items (they do)but they wanted 48 coconuts for them.
Too much for Unga's blood

Thanks guys! I really appreciate that information. Too much for me right now, but then again if I did have an excess of cash, I'd go to one of our resident carvers or painters.

Very interesting...cool follow up info

Pages: 1 8 replies