Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki bar flotsam & jetsam finds

Pages: 1 3 replies

Here's my recent flea market finds, not specifically Tiki, but great additions to my lounge:

2 ship's bow lights $10, large vintage starboard lamp $65 (not a bargain, but a fair price), several cork floats $3 for all, and a Don the Beachcomber's coconut mug $3.

I did my best to keep ahead of Johnnie Velour, Doctor Z and Z Girl at the flea market to grab up all the good stuff!

Traderpup,
congrats, great finds at good prices. the rose bowl is ridiculous now, the most common of daga mugs was calling for $15, and I saw an asking price of 25 for their moai, $125 for a trader vic bowl with a few hairline cracks in it. i dont want to cramp on your grounds, but i may have to make it out to Long Beach.

DZ

I did my best to keep ahead of Johnnie Velour, Doctor Z and Z Girl at the flea market to grab up all the good stuff!

Yeah, I figured as much. I turned around to check out a Kon Tiki teapot (not bad at $18.00, but I passed on it...), and you were long gone! My best purchase for the day was a set of 4 'semi-porcelain' half-coconut mugs/cups mfg by "Hardie Arnita of California" at $1.00 for the lot, and JV picked up a nice framed paint-by-numbers for Lady V.

My score for the weekend, however, was made the day before with Sabu: a pair of full-sized, floor-standing congas (11" and 10" heads), with stands, in excellent condition! I'll be bringing them to the Oasis for sure, and if any other percussive opportunity arises...

T-pup - I would have killed for those corks! Can ya spare any for a castaway down on his luck?

Doctor Z
Mix-maestro of the Castaway Lounge,
Redondo Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Doctor Z on 2004-01-21 17:09 ]

On 2004-01-21 16:22, Traderpup wrote:

I didn't want that lousy junk anyway! Hrumph!

Pages: 1 3 replies