Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Been Caught Stealin' - On eBay

Pages: 1 15 replies

Aloha Everyone,

I am curious if you would like to share some incredible deals that you scored on eBay. You don't have to give away your secrets for ferreting out deals, just what you got and how much it cost...:)

Aloha,
-CMC

I just got this for a buck fifty...

Sure some folks might say thats a buck to much. But here in Rose bowl flea market land it'd be $10.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3267290425

I'm happy with it.
TG
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

Hey, if you don't already have one then that is a great price. :)

I just picked up a mug, but I am unaware if it was a good buy or not. It came to just under 20 bucks with shipping.

I already have a similar one from the Islander and thought they would make a good set...As you can see from the pics this is a Hawaiian Village "Hawaii in Tampa" Kali mug (at least I think that is what it is called).

-Aloha

Nice mug CM. I scored one a while back from Skipper Kent's. I was amazed when she arrived, all of the red cold-paint is intact. It's a beautiful mug. I think I got it for somewhere under $20 which I thought was pretty good considering the condition.
Aloha,
:tiki:

S

Here's my recent "steal." The Ebay description "DECANTER." Text body was something like "Bhudda looking decanter. If you know what this is, please email me."

He has a hole drilled into his belly. Maybe they were trying to turn him into the Orchids Bhudda? But even with that, I think $15 was a steal.

M

I think they were trying to turn him into a bong.

On 2004-01-22 11:58, martiki wrote:

...uhh tiki bong...?

On 2004-01-22 12:01, Johnny Dollar wrote:

On 2004-01-22 11:58, martiki wrote:

...uhh tiki bong...?

Hey, I got a hole there too (but it's now got a button on it...)

E

Geez, almost everything I've won on eBay has been pretty much a steal, since I've set myself a strict limit on how much I'm willing to spend on any given item (I have to, I'm broke!). But here's the best cost-to-love ratio item at $1.99:

S

That sounds like a good theory, so I sniffed the spout really well, but there was nothing.

S
SES posted on Fri, Jan 23, 2004 5:24 AM

yesterday I won an auction of 70 LPs for $2.25 shipping is $25 though!
Among the albums are:
Martin Denny - A Taste of Honey
Arthur Lyman
Mancini
Jackie Gleason
Laurindo Almeida
Movie, Broadway and TV themes
Jazz
and much more! SCORE!

Did not state the quality but I figured it was worth the chance since the seller was not into selling records it was not an intentional sneaky/hide factor as the normal dealers try. The photos looked like the albums were well taken care of. Have lucked out in the past trusting my instinct on this before!

How much was shipping? It must have been through the roof!

S
SES posted on Fri, Jan 23, 2004 8:22 PM

On 2004-01-23 14:39, Cool Manchu wrote:
How much was shipping? It must have been through the roof!

shipping was $25... I did type that in... lol

Uh...yeah...I see that now that you pointed it out....

LOL. :)

TD

I don't have a digital photo of it, but I recently purchased a Trader Vic's Morgantown maritini glass for $6.50 plus $6.00 for shipping.

But, I do have to say that it is pretty stressful when you know that you have found something special and you have to wait for the auction to end.

Wow, that was a score Tiki D. Yeah, I too admit that the stress level runs high when you think you found a steal and have to wait until the bitter end. :)

Pages: 1 15 replies