Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

MILES THOMPSON COPRO NASON SHOW in APRIL

Pages: 1 2 59 replies

K

i'll be previewing some images here for my next show...so check back for the next few weeks! these originals paitnings will be for sale at the show the evening of the 10th of April

S

Miles-
Christine and I will be there! Your paintings rule, but we have already discussed that. Later.

I'm also there FO SHO!

How can any So-Cal Tiki Centralite miss this. Shag is passe' all hail the new king of Tiki Paintings. Alright that may have been laying it on a little thick but seriously Kooch's work is dope and not to be missed.

Sweet stuff. Like yo style.

H

Boy oh boy, this will be a great show. Can't wait to be in a room surrounded by your artwork, it'll be like stepping into a tropical fantasyland.

G
GECKO posted on Fri, Jan 23, 2004 2:37 PM

wish i could make it. I could use a print or original from dat braddah. frankly, i like this style of da wun you get posted. Reminds me of our old brochures on da islands. sweeeet!

A

I dig that bubble nosed cockpit. The wahine is cool as well.
A

K

S
SES posted on Sat, Jan 24, 2004 1:46 AM

Nice ones! I love the expression on the little red crab!

G
GECKO posted on Sat, Jan 24, 2004 6:53 PM

I tink u know which one of dem three I like da best. I want wun of'dem! she would need a hula skirt though..da wahine don't play'dat! no dis to shag but I kinda like this kine style mo'betta. Being on Paradise I have neva really seen your work until now. I like it because it's more Hawaiiana to me. Eva traded art fo art?

K

...more to come...

V

Too bad i cannot take this plane to join you...

K

Miles,

Just saw your spot in Juxtapoz....sweet! Wish I could make it to Copra Nason.

Scotty

M

We'll definitely be there. Looks like great stuff! Can't wait to see the rest in person. Kooche, are you planning on selling any prints from the show? And what do you expect the price range to be for originals?

ModMana :drink:

any prints?? any prints??

Really like your art work! Great stuff! Any plans on doing any prints? - Hey, what up Tiki Junkman....

yo, voodoo haven't seen you around tc lately. Once again, kooche, love the artwork. I'll see if I can't make my way out to the show...a long way from Chicago though.

tiki junkman

K

i added a bit more contrast to this piece...it needed something else...

S
SES posted on Sat, Feb 7, 2004 9:11 AM

I LOVE that Midnight Moon painting!

Miles! That is some mo' PERFECT art! It is funny because I was driving down PCH in Malibu with a FULL moon thinking about your show and then I see this . Just the flavor I had in my head ! Sweet, this show is going to be the SH!T !!

Wish I could be there brutha. Good luck
Oh, a thanks for the email and suggestions.

K
kooche posted on Sun, Feb 8, 2004 9:59 PM

thanks for all the kind feedback you all! here is another small one...2 months 2 days and counting to the show...

Nice! I really dig your style. Wish I could be there for the show.

Nice chimp!

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2004-02-10 15:28 ]

[ Edited by: Sam Gambino on 2004-02-16 15:01 ]

K

for sale at Copro Nason $600
"Luvy Duvy Devy"
8X10" oil on board

for sale at MModern Gallery $450
"Top Dog"
12X16
gouche on old trashy paper

i wish i could be at the MModern show today but it's my BIRTHDAY!

D

Happy Birthday Miles!

S
SES posted on Sat, Feb 14, 2004 3:27 PM

Happy BIRTHDAY Miles!

Nice, Mary Blair-flair (the colors, not the topic :wink: ...)...

S

happy birthday miles!

M

Happy Birthday, Miles! Enjoy!

Dude! I saw your full page Copron Nason add in Juxtapoz. SHHHWEEET!

You going to Hukilau? It would be cool to meet you.

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-02-28 09:19 ]

B

The more I see the More I LIKE.
I Like it.
Good luck in the show

K

2X4ft
gouache on paper

2X2ft
gouache on paper

more to follow in the next 4 weeks!

[ Edited by: kooche on 2004-03-13 21:43 ]

S
SES posted on Sat, Mar 13, 2004 10:54 PM

FANTASTIC!
You are on a roll!
:)

Miles, I really like them brother. I am buying some chisels here in europe that are going to carve up that frame for the show! I'M BUYING CHICHIS WHEN WE GET BACK!

Hells Ya!

K

These are awesome, Miles. I really like these new ones.

T

I'm diggin the old school gotcha shark on the board in the upper right of the 2x4 gouche, brings back the memories of Jimmy Z, Vision Street Wear! Great color combos and yur work, you're going thru the roofus!

B

Kooche, Cooler every day.
Seems like you are gettinga Lot of due notice on yourwork. Well done.
thechikitiki, what kind of chisels you getting from Europe?

B

Oh Yeah, Forgot to wish you a Happy Birthday.
Happy Birthday Miles

S

Miles-Christine and I are looking forward to the show. The paintings are amazing.

K

two weeks from tonight kids...SH%T!

All of these are great, with the third one being my fave...

C

I like the third too, but the Creature surfing is great.

D

Dreeeeeamy!

K

thanks you guys!

i had a great day...i gave almost all of the art to the Copro Nason Gallery today to be framed...though i am still working on about 4 other pieces that they don't have yet i feel like i have ALMOST reached the light at the end of the tunnel...those TC members interested in any certain piece can contact the gallery to become part of a list of people that will have their pick of choice in the order that the contacts are recieved...

i would like to take this chance to thank everyone here at tiki central for being SO supportive of my art...i'll be back with one more posting to share my last few pieces for my Idol Time show...thanks again!

Pages: 1 2 59 replies