Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Pre Party Open Hut Sept. 28th

Pages: 1 24 replies

A

Aloha,
We would like to extend an open invitation to all TC tribe members. Please feel free to visit Al and Shelley's Fabulous Lagoon Room on Saturday September 28th. We're having an Open Hut before the Tiki Farm gig. From 12:00 to 5:00 feel free to stop by for pupus and cocktails and to see our modest collection of Hawaiiana. We live about 20 minutes South of San Clemente. The address is;
2814 Mesa
Oceanside Ca

[email protected]

760 754 8195

Let me know what you think.,
A tribe called Tiki, Mahalo
Al

P.S. I know TikiMaxton and Woofmut plan to be in the area and hope they can make it. Do you guys plan on visiting the Bali Hai or the Islands Room?. Time permitting maybe we can make a night of it. Let me know.

Thanks for the invite Al and Shelley. We look foward to it.

S

Al and Shelley,

Thanks once again for your incredible hospitality. I've been dying to go to the Lagoon Room! I'll be flying in from the Great Salt Lake on that Saturday, but we will try to make it. If not, we will definitely see yous at The Farm.

Aloha,

Uncle Arty

T

If you have not seen the Lagoon room.
You gotta go! It's so worth it.
I wanna go I wanna go!!!!!

The Lagoon Room is indeed as magnficant as are its hosts. My family and I enjoyed ourselves so much on our first visit, that I'm going back this weekend (sans family:)

Thanks for the invite AlnShely,

You know Lady Velour and I will be there!

JV

AlnShely,
Thank you for the gracious invitation. I would love to stop by on the way to the Tiki Farm gig and see the famous Lagoon Room.

I wanna go:D

A

OK
Next Saturday is the Tiki Farm Bash, We're having our open house at 12:00 Sat the 28th.
We'll have drinks and Pupus, hope you can make it. my house is easy to find.

Drive to Oceanside on the 5

Turn East on mission

Turn right on Mesa

I live on the left hand side Can't miss it

2814 Mesa
Oceanside Ca
[email protected]
760 754 8195

We're going to the Bali Hai with Floratina and Tiki Hula on Friday the 27th. Any one else?. Shout out, who's coming.
Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: Alnshely on 2002-09-21 01:37 ]

I will do my best to make it!

~Hanford

M

We hope to see you at you place on Sat. afternoon. Thanks for hosting!

-martin (& rebecca)

Cherry and I are looking forward to lounging in the Lagoon Room.

PolynesianPop and the Mrs. will be there too!

Tiki and Madam Bong will of course be there. Grandma Bong will be watching the Baby Bongs and Spot Bong the dog.

Al n Shelly,
Can the Bamboos take a rain check? Our "menehunee sitting" does not start till 5ish. Charge the battery for lot's o photos!!
Mr. & Mrs. Boo
p.s. what are you wearing? or, do we have to wait to find out. (sp?)

Aloha Al n Shelley,
You both are the best hosts and we'd love to see your pad!
Unfortunately we'll be missing all the fun...
We wanted to camp at SanO and bring our Tiki Princess to the Bash,but adults only :(
(plus she just had an abcess drained and a pulpectomy on her tooth so no moolah for all the Tiki Farm goodies!).
Wish we could be there.I'll be bummed seeing all the fun we missed!!
Have a great time and thanks for the invite!
Mahalo,Anne:)

Much Mahalo to Al & Shelley!

The open house was awesome! As I barely spun around in a daze trying to take in all that is the Lagoon Room, Al had the most awesome drink resting in my hand! Shelley promptly gave me the mini tour. I had a hard time focusing on the tour; I was mezmerized by the mysterious fog bubbling from around my exotic drink. Tropical sounds and the scent of coconut and exotic rums filled the air. Lost in a sea of bamboo, thatch, Tiki mugs and carvings, the Lagoon Room had turned my 30 minute drive into an overseas journey to a tropical paradise!

Al's mixology and Shelley's pu-pus kept us TC savages relatively civilized... at least until the hula girls arrived to perform a Polynesian Revue! (How does that song go? Keep your eyes on the hands......!) Oh, and a bit of advice: don't ask Shelley about the red spike-heels, feather boa, blond wig, and Xena costume... you won't get a straight answer!

Thanks again for the pre-bash hospitality! You set the mood for a truly awesome afternoon/evening!

:tiki:

I must echo the sentiment of Trader Pup. Al and Shelly, THANKS for a great Pre-party! It was nice to finally meet some TC'ers and put faces to the names to the names.....?? Real names, that is - even though I don't remember anyone's real name! The Lagoon Room was indeed a sight to behold and the drinks were fabulous.

Al and Shelly made me feel right at home and the TC'ers I met made me feel like I was hanging with old friends. The comradere of this club is great. Can't wait for the next event!

Maholo Nui Loa!

What a hospitable pair you guys are! Your house is completely fabulous and was well worth the trip. The gracious and lovely Shelly kept us fed and the talented Al mixed up amazingly tasty drinks. Sorry we didn't make it for the hula dancing. Perhaps next time.

T

Along with what everyone else said, I had a great time! A big MAHALO to Al & Shelley for their tiki hospitality. I enjoyed every minute- the music, hula dancing, decor, food, drinks, a place to sleep :) , and especially enjoying the company of so many TC people!!

...some pics are on the way soon...

Al & Shelley are the best!! They TRUELY embody the TC spirit!! (Fatuhiva, take note)

A

I want to thank everyone for coming down to Oceanside. We all had a great time. I want to thank the Hula Dance Troop "Na Leo O'Kalani" for the great entertainment. it was relly a great weekend, It was good to see my old pals and good to meet new ones.
Mahalo,
Al and Shelley

The Usual Suspects

T

That was quite a fantastic day! Al & Shelly, I never get tired of the view from your backyard. Looking at the pictures takes me back to that day (jeez I look old!)

S

Al & Shelly,

Looks like a great time. Wish we could have been there, but it was nice seeing you again at the Bash. Tina and I were so envious when we heard about the drinks, the dancers, and your usual incredible hospitality.

We will make it out to the Lagoon Room someday.

Until then, we wish you many fond Alohas!

Arty and Tina

Big Al and his delicious, fog spewing "Marlin"

I realized that I didn't put these pictures up yet. I hope you will agree that it's better late than never! The Lagoon Room is more like the Lagoon HOUSE! Every room is tikified, down to the textiles. The living room is a tiki bar that looks out over the fluffy green lawn and a pretty little valley/canyon. The Kneppers are blessed, indeed. They even brought in hula dancers to entertain us. About 8 people crashed there overnight, too. I tried to get a picture of the living room/bar campers, but my camera wasn't cooperating. I tried like 3 times, I think. Hmmm...

The gang imbibes.

The Marlin gets a photo of its own.

Hula!

Big Al, after hours.

Pages: 1 24 replies