Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Board/Butt

Pages: 1 11 replies

I was just wondering if there are any other lunatics out there that Snowboard?
I just started last year(at 43), but it is now all I can think about.
I did however fracture and dislocate my tailbone on New Year's eve.
I have since purchased (a little late) a pair of Burton "IMPACT SHORTS" pads on the hips and pads on your tailbone.
Now it is heal time. Anyone have a tailbone story to cheer me up? Everyone I know has a bad tailbone story.
The Doctor said there is nothing to do but wait and try not to get hooked on the VICODINE. Yes, it still hurts, all day everyday!
One good thing thou, the X-ray showed that I am full of shit and a pain in the ASS. It's nice to have medical backup to a condition everyone says I have?
Busy-ness as usual
Let it snow
Let it snow
Let us know!!

I know a chap who broke his tailbone in a mountain-bike accident. He ended up having it (or a big piece of it) removed, and it's now in a jar. For a while he had to ride around in a stand-up car, something like a popemobile. He still has to lie down at work for most of the day & carries a cushion wherever he goes.

Sorry it's not really one to cheer you up, but hopefully yours isn't too badly hurt!

Get well soon,

Trader Woody

Hey Bax, I'm a long time snowboarder (since '89). But haven't been up on the hill much in recent years (kids)... Are you putting something together? How's the snow? We haven't gotten much rain this year -- the mountains look pretty brown from my house.

I just moved to Seattle and went snowboarding
for the first time. It was fun considering I spent the whole day falling on my ass. The ski area is only 1 hour away, and makes Big Bear look like a crab infested whore house.

I've been boarding for a few years now. I screwed up my rotator-cuff when I first started. Learning is brutal but once you get it... you never look back!
Aloha,
:tiki:

In High School I had a cyst on my tail bone removed. I could't sit on my A$$ for nearly 2 weeks. While being prepped for surgery the (how should I out this?) rather "sweet" male nurse made sure he shaved EVERYTHING?

BASTARD!

3 boarders is all we could get on this board.
Come on you sofa dwelling Al-keys get off the couch.
Get on the stick, and get to Mammoth.
It's a blast!
I hated the first day, but I finally got it the second day. I have 9 total days in as of now.
We are going Presidents weekend, Butt or no Butt.

Don't make me start on you Bax!

On 2004-01-23 09:24, tiki-riviera wrote:
and makes Big Bear look like a crab infested whore house.

Hell, It's about time I pay Big Bear another visit.
Thanks for the tip!

[ Edited by: Monkeyman 2014-01-20 16:24 ]

On 2004-01-25 18:52, Monkeyman wrote:
snowboarding since 1990 (back when most resorts did not even let you on the lifts with a snowboard)

I remember those days ---

I have several boards for different conditions. My main board is a 135 custom symm for Park riding. I also have a Burton 155 asymm fast gun for downhill speed and a 5150 capped for all purpose riding. Oh -- and 2 bad knees from all of this!

Can't wait til my 4 year old is up on a board. We can charge 'em together.

Sorry Bax. I don't board but do ride a "Vintage" (in eBay terms!) Diamond Back down rock strewn hills. No broken bones yet but when I used to ride everyday my package went numb!

How's that?

Pages: 1 11 replies