Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Question on mug from "The Tikis"

Pages: 1 5 replies

Hey all,
I'm trying to get a bit of info on a mug that I found in WV, It's a Black Moai style mug, the Bottom is marked "The Tikis, 280-1208 (The last number might be a 9) The lettering is tough to make out, but when you look in the right light you can make it out.
Any Idea how common this mug is? What year it may have come from?
Any info might be appreciated.
Thanks a ton,
Jay

Click here, and try here, and also here and lastly here. It will give you a jumpstart on the some information you are seeking.

I used the nifty "[Search]" on the top right hand side of the Tiki Central Forums page.

Hey Sugar Caddy, I tried that and I either have to get the hang of it, or have more patience when looking through the numerous posts, That involve "Tiki" LOL
Thanks for the links tho
Jay

No problem! Yeah, it can be a little confusing if you put in just a few words, especially when it comes to the word "tiki". I just put in the words: "the","tikis" (plural), and "monterey" (I had the advantage of knowing it was in Monterey Park), and then that filtered all the different discussions to a list easier to go through. Just remember that the more words you add in the search feature, the more narrow your final search list will be.

I'm always happy to search for you anyway.

By the way, The Tikis mug is a good find! Be sure to clean it up and initiate it with a good drink!

K

Hey Rustbeltcat...I have this mug. Take a look at this thread: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic-new.php?topic=5481&forum=5

The mug is definitely from "The Tiki's" in Monterey Park. If you can get hold on The Book Of Tiki theres a whole chapter about this place.

:drink:

[ Edited by: Juno on 2004-01-23 13:03 ]

C

To see the replies, remove the &vpost=xxxxx from the url and voila:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic-new.php?topic=5481&forum=5

Pages: 1 5 replies